Security Education & Awareness Director of Business Programs
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The mission of Microsoft Digital Security & Resilience (DSR) is to enable Microsoft to build the most trusted devices and services, while keeping our company safe and our data protected. As part of Microsoft Security and a steward of Microsoft and our customer’s data, a core function of Microsoft DSR is ensuring the security of every aspect of the business. Microsoft DSR is responsible for company-wide information security and compliance, with a strategic focus on information protection, assessment, awareness, governance, and enterprise business continuity. As customer zero, we deploy and secure these services inside Microsoft and then share best practices with enterprise customers at scale across the globe. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you have a passion for understanding the ever-changing landscape of cybersecurity and the unique influence human behaviors play in keeping a company and its customers safe? Does leading a dynamic team of professionals who shape employee behaviors to fortify Microsoft’s cyber defense strategy appeal to you? If so, we are looking for someone like you!
The DSR Security Education and Awareness team is looking for an effective Director with a strong background in communications and training to lead our team. This role will shape and drive the strategy on how we communicate to Microsoft employees and educate them about our security services and risk reduction. In this role you will foster key relationships with a variety of security and product team leaders, and work with a diverse set of stakeholders across the company to ensure alignment and the desired security behavioral outcomes are achieved.
The ability to be a part of and directly manage a nimble team is an essential element for this role. A successful candidate will have a proven learning and development track-record, ability to communicate using multiple channels and is regarded as a creative strategist and outstanding planner. A technical background with a strong technical acumen will also be an asset when creating security education and awareness strategies for the broader Microsoft audience. If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
- Your direct accountabilities will include:
- Strategic Planning & Execution: Design, build, deploy and operate a results-driven security education and awareness motion that supports the DSR organization's security strategy while meeting all industry regulations, standards, and compliance requirements.
- Engaging with Senior Leaders: Work across the organization and company by influencing and building meaningful relationships to identify and prioritize resources needed to enable end goal reaching desired behavioral outcomes by helping accelerate adoption of security guidance, delivering a connected training experience and building trust through end-user centricity.
- Effective & Engaging Communication and Training Solutions: Design, develop, deliver, and manage a comprehensive communication strategy to provide visibility to employees to help them stay informed, take necessary actions to remain secure and measure progress toward goals.
- Agent of Change: Establish networks across the company to influence the design phase of change. Seek out and listen for opinions and advice on change. Drive culture shifts across businesses and employee segments to create readiness for change and to influence behavior.
- Employee Insights: Provide insight that spans broad Microsoft and role-specific segments to help shape strategic and operational decisions impacting DSR services and long-term goals. Enable proper reporting mechanisms, including making sure data and analytics are in place to facilitate a successful program.
- Team Manager: Model, Coach, Care to bring out the best in our people and enable them to achieve organization priorities. Personally commit to deliver success through empowerment and accountability
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or training strategy and program management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with running global initiatives and rolling out complex programs.
- At least 5 years learning development experience with strong analytical and strategic competences and a lens towards behavior change, communication.
Preferred, not required:
- Prior cybersecurity experience would be a big plus
- A relevant Bachelors’ degree or experience commensurate with job expectations for this leadership position
- A track-record of exceptional partnering across teams
- Fearless approach to taking on new initiatives, building internal alignment & support, and driving it to fruition.
- A very strong cross-team collaborator with a successful track-record of leading and motivating virtual teams
- Passion for customer experience, transformation, and acting as a change agent
- Strong interpersonal skills, cross-team collaboration, ability to influence, open and honest feedback and interaction
- Demonstrated business experience; self-motivated, confident working at a senior executive level
- Proactive with the ability to synthesize disparate information effectively and quickly into clear recommendations, actions, and decisions
- Aptitude to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of internal and external stakeholders
- Forward thinking and strategic, yet pragmatic and operationally savvy, with a commitment to a job well done
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.