Senior Software Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
As part of Microsoft’s vision of redefining productivity in a mobile-first and cloud-first world, we believe the modern workspace is underserved by the existing software solutions and we are building the new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace.
Microsoft Teams is core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communications. We are THE hub for teamwork in Microsoft 365 with hundreds of thousands of organizations and tens of millions of users across the globe using Teams. We are looking for a great software engineer to drive our efforts in areas ranging from performance, mobile architecture, and customer growth on Android and iOS platforms. This position is with the Microsoft Teams’ mobile clients team which tackles the toughest challenges in the mobile collaboration and productivity space. We obsess over customer experience and collaborate with multiple partner teams on technologies across the company, and beyond. We are looking for an experienced developer who is passionate about reliability, performance and cutting-edge mobile technologies. If you are comfortable working in a fast-moving environment, enjoy incrementally building towards a well-defined long-term architecture in a diverse, close nit and supportive team and have a desire to continuously innovate, this may be the team for you.
- Solve and address challenges in the application fundamentals space across areas as we continue to build the next generation capabilities for the Teams Mobile Application for iOS & Android.
- Improve the system architecture to scale the mobile development agility.
- Be customer obsessed. Understanding and anticipating the needs of our customers in a changing business and technology landscape is critical.
- Have a great understanding of mobile applications, deep understanding of the competitive landscape and usage scenarios. Staying true to product vision and ability to plan + design various features in stages to reach the end goals in an evolutionary way is critical.
- Be a great engineer. You will be accountable for the design, implementation and delivery of solutions that will directly impact the customer experience and store rating. Doing this in an efficient, maintainable way with emphasis on reliability and product performance as the top concern is a must.
- Earn the technical respect of the people on your team. The ideal candidate should be capable of working in the code, supporting partner services and driving deliverables across teams.
- 6-10 years of Software Engineering experience with track record of shipping successful products.
- Hands on experience with mobile technologies Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, Java etc. and knowledge of end-to-end software development life cycle for mobile platform is required.
- Strong knowledge of computer science, algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to work in large teams to address complex problems with a thorough design and collaborate with multiple partners on common goals.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.