Principal Product Manager
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
FastTrack (FT) makes a difference for Microsoft customers because it accelerates time to value programmatically; What makes it programmatic is that the benefit is based on the systematic harnessing of delivery learnings packaged up in direct engagement playbooks, FastTrack Ready partner (FRP) engagements or through in-product experiences (IPE). FT is also a competitive differentiator for Microsoft because it adds confidence and assurance to our customers’ investments. And it delivers all this benefit at scale, making it one of the most cost-efficient levers in the business. As a formal set of benefits that customers, partners, sellers, and marketers have come to expect, we expect to manage the FT product with the rigor a Microsoft product deserves. We are looking for a Product Management for the FT Product to help shepherd the FT product through necessary evolutions. To do so, the Product Manager will employ the typical tools in product management toolkit—deep understanding of customer experience and market trends to refine the FT offer.
As the FastTrack Product Manager, you are responsible for stewarding our evolution starting with the diversification of delivery levers that span Direct, IPE and partner. This entails a documented strategy per delivery lever that informs engineering, field, and marketing where we are headed and helps them connect with it. This is an effort you’ll undertake in partnership with Delivery leaders, and invite input from the other functions. In the process of building this strategy, you’ll ensure that each delivery lever strategy is well integrated, contains quality milestones and dependencies. Our ambition is to make FY23 the year of the multiplier effect; Meaning, we are committed to bringing together a blend of the three delivery levers to bring down cost per MAU while also maintaining quality customer experience. You will also be responsible for defining what is and isn’t in FT scope.
The FastTrack strategy and its constitutive parts need an evangelist, and that honor falls on the FT Product Manager. You’ll calibrate the strategic message by audience (e.g., FastTrack internal, engineering, marketing/field). You will also partner with various stakeholders in other parts of the organization to ensure our SLAs with other Microsoft functions are aligned with our FastTrack strategy. And when the FT strategy needs to evolve you’ll be responsible for leading that effort, with input from the other functions. We will know we’re successful when the Delivery lever strategies are sufficiently clear for other Product Managers to factor into their solution area strategies, and when Program Management can unpack the strategy into an action plan managed through the SAFe methodology.
A mature organization like FastTrack needs a strategic rudder to set itself for continuous improvement, for exponential impact without requiring exponential investment. The successful FT Product Manager will always be looking for data-based signals to instrument learnings that will help us iterate the strategy. You will be at the helm of these efforts working with leaders from Delivery, Product Management, Program Management, Quality and Shared Services.
- 10+ years of product management in a technology focused organization
- 5+ years of professional experience as a senior Delivery Leader in FastTrack with regular customer or partner interactions, or with a track record of developing customer-facing IPE
- Bachelor or advanced degree in engineering, business or computer science or 10+ years equivalent work experience
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence through a matrix, adapting the message to the various audiences you interface with.
- Leadership acumen and demonstrated success in working through virtual teams and delivering impact through a matrixed organization.
- Track record of defining and landing end to end business programs with an articulated mission, performance criteria and earning stakeholder buy-in.
- Known as an advocate of FastTrack product improvements based on well-crafted and coordinated solutions tailored to customer needs
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion to enable creative solutions to problems and to foster a climate of respect and proactive inclusion
- Experience and knowledge working with Microsoft Field teams, Partners and customers strongly preferred
- Background in Finance, data analysis and reporting, MBA, Prosci and/or PMP preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.