Customer Success Account Manager
Location: Bellevue, Washington, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Customer Relationship Management
- Learns customer engagement role and develops foundational relationships with key customer stakeholders (e.g., Information Technology Directors, Chief Technical Office [CTO], Chief Innovation Officer [CIO], Line-of-Business leaders) and technical professionals to enable quality solution delivery and health using partnerships with other account team leaders (e.g., Account Executive, Account Technology Strategist) and with guidance from senior colleagues. Expands customer relationships beyond the current support contract owners with a focus on understanding business priorities and how they tie to consumption outcomes.
- Gathers information on the business and Information Technology objectives for customer organizations to identify customer needs and create a shared plan to support customer outcomes using partnerships with other account team leaders. Captures new customer needs and outcomes identified during the delivery of support programs, success engagements, and other projects.
- Engages in conversations with customers that present the strategic alignment between the customer objectives and support contract to set a long-term strategy for consumption aligned to those priorities. Develops a program, identifies executive sponsors for a contract, and prioritizes engagements to address strategic outcomes and drive customer success. Articulates the case for change to drive solution and operational health in collaboration with other account team leaders. Supports account planning to help customers transform to modern digital approaches.
- Plans a portfolio of work (e.g., Support programs, implementation projects, success engagements) to drive outcomes aligned with customer's prioritized solutions and workloads. Creates opportunities for support contract renewals, partner with seller's to lead to upsell and transition to Unified Support by clearly articulating customer outcomes and how Support capabilities can help them achieve those outcomes. Supports efficient delivery of contracts and customer value, leverages managed intellectual property (MIP), and enhances offerings in alignment with compliance policies.
Opportunity and Pursuit Management
- Captures, communicates, and brings forward recommendations from customer insights to sellers in identifying and producing support revenue opportunities (e.g., add-ons, renewals). Collaborates with internal teams and sellers to help identify growth opportunities through account planning and delivery execution. Directly enables cloud consumption revenue through consumption planning.
Consumption and Delivery Execution
- Connects identified opportunities, questions, and/or issues from customer organizations. Works with the appropriate internal Microsoft technical/sales teams or partners to address, using foundational technical knowledge to identify the right internal teams. Begins to take ownership for team coordination. Identifies and mitigates blockers to customer success goals.
- Leads and is accountable for the execution of customer support obligations. Accelerates production level consumption through delivery orchestration by driving solution and operational health for challenging and/or complex customer accounts (e.g., high-revenue generation, complex transformation) across the solution and support lifecycle. Is accountable for the delivery of support for resolution of critical escalated issues by leveraging Incident Managers and Support teams. Shares updates to the customer and manages their expectations. Shares support-related feedback through appropriate channels to drive continuous process improvement.
- Leverages intermediate technical expertise to act as a technology advisor and visionary. Begins to connect technical considerations to business needs. Identifies cross cloud technology, solutions, and services to help address specific customer scenarios. Articulates cross cloud technology components and how they aggregate to heterogeneous solutions. Leverages experience as a practitioner of technology across a single cloud workload/area from design through operations to participate in program governance and execution oversight. Leverages experience contributing to large technology delivery projects as a workstream lead to help anticipate changes that could impact key projects.
- Embody our culture
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 2+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Applicants who are members or participants of the following Microsoft sponsored conferences or organizations are encouraged to apply for this job.
- Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC)
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
If you are interested in roles at Microsoft but are not associated with one of the above organizations, please search for similar roles on the Microsoft Careers site.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 5+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year(s) relevant work experience within customer industry.
- Microsoft or competitor equivalent (e.g., AWS) certification in relevant technologies (e.g., Azure, 365).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification or equivalent service management certification.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $86,700 – $144,000 USD.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.