Director, Product Marketing- Microsoft Teams
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to leverage your strategic talent and unleash your potential as a storytelling leader? The Microsoft Teams marketing team is looking for a strong leader to define and own the Teams narrative for sellers, partners, and our customers’ business and IT decision makers. This is a high impact opportunity— your contributions will help ensure that the world will thrive with hybrid work, with Teams at the center of a digital fabric that connects us all.
Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing app in Microsoft’s history with more than 270 million people using it every day to connect and collaborate at work, school, and life. Teams lets you meet, call, chat, and collaborate all in one place, from any device, keeping you organized and simplifying your day.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining and delivering the customer-centric Teams narrative and audience journey for commercial decision makers. You will need to understand the core business priorities for Teams around share, revenue and usage, and create a content strategy to support these priorities. You will be the owner of several high-visibility initiatives, including the Teams’ messaging and positioning framework that spans across all workloads, pitch decks, our presence at the Executive Briefing Center, as well as field engagement and readiness.
This role requires strategic thinking, passion for our customers, deep understanding of the product, and storytelling acumen. Strong communication skills are vital as this role will champion the voice of the customer to the various cross-functional teams involved in the development of product plans. Strong executive presence and cross-group collaboration skills to influence senior leaders across a highly matrixed organization are a must.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Messaging and Positioning: Collaborate with stakeholders to define, build, evangelize and own the core messaging and positioning for Teams. This will be an essential ingredient to how the product’s value is articulated in go-to-market and become a key lens by which product roadmap decisions are made.
- Teams Narrative: Working with fellow product marketing leaders, develop strategic messaging frameworks that crystallize our core product value proposition for the commercial buyers in alignment with product roadmap.
- Brand Foundation:Shape a brand foundation for Microsoft Teams that inspires confidence, excitement, and motivation amongst decision-makers.
- Executive Thought-Leadership:Partner with the communications team to develop impactful speeches, scripts, and presentations for senior executives. Own the engagement with the Executive Briefing Center.
- Customer-Centric Collateral:Drive the narrative and creative agenda for core narrative assets such as the pitch deck and futures deck, Lead field engagement and readiness for all-up Teams priorities, marketing moments, and narratives.
- Maximize impact from key marketing moments:Leverage marketing milestones to evangelize the Teams narrative, establishing Teams as the obvious choice for every commercial decision-maker.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 6+ years experience in business
- OR Master's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 4+ years experience in business
- OR equivalent experience.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Teams or similiar technologies across collaboration, communications, and platform.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 12+ years experience in business
- OR Master's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 8+ years marketing or sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 12 years in product marketing, customer facing roles or product management.
- Understanding of the commercial buyer journey, technical industry influencers and analysts.
- Demonstrated capability in creative problem solving of complex business issues through analytics, data driven insights, organizational skills, and sound judgment.
- Proven clear and effective communication with technical and business leaders at all levels within large enterprises and across Product & Business Groups, Partner Groups and Sales organizations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion.
- Experience producing customer-facing content and working closely with agencies, video production teams, and third-party partners.
- Expertise in real-time communications and collaboration.
- Budget management experience.
For Colorado based residents, the salary range for this role is from $172,668- $197,333. At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.