Sr. Partner Development Manager – Scale Partner
Location: Bellevue, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Houston, Texas, Los Angeles, California, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The mission of the Global Partner Solutions – US (GPSUS) organization is to accelerate Microsoft’s growth through its extensive ecosystem of partners while guiding the definition of and establishing excellence in execution across US Partner teams.
The Global Scale Services (GSS) Partner Development Manager (PDM) is responsible for the 360 degree business relationship for one of our largest Scale Partners that sells, delivers services and supports Microsoft’s three cloud solutions. The PDM is the pivotal role in the relationship Microsoft builds with our partner. This role is responsible for engaging at the executive level within our scale partner, building trust by sharing insights on how they can best capitalize on market opportunities with Microsoft. The GSS PDM will lead the building of joint business plans (defining solutions portfolio, Go-To-Market, sales and marketing strategies), driving implementation of all aspects of the strategy by orchestrating relationships between the partners teams (technical, sales and marketing) and Microsoft’s, ensuring excellence in execution of the strategy, and achieving partnership growth goals and sales targets.
Microsoft Business Leader
- Leads the creation of a strategic vision rooted to the partner’s impact and potential across segments. Demonstrates an expert understanding of the partner’s business and conveys the value of partnering with Microsoft based on the business opportunity and possible competition. Responsible for establishing new market partnership by working with market makers and making connections. Begins to think longer term regarding the possibility of making larger deals.
- Sells account vision to decision makers and complex partner’s by aligning overall Microsoft value proposition and value propositions of products, channels, or solutions to the partner's business goals. Leads prep sessions and roundtables to influence partners strategy. Shares market opportunities and gaps in partner’s strategy for others to address. Understands the partner’s organization and builds stakeholder maps to expand network.
- Identifies market opportunities based on industry gaps and emerging trends in solution/product areas. Leverages internal competitive intelligence to identify opportunities aligned with business goals. Reaches out to industry leads for assistance as appropriate.
- Engages partner and develops a trusted-advisor relationship with partner to establish strategic alignment and drive growth. Understands and aligns partners' priorities, strategies, and goals with Microsoft’s to build mutually beneficial account plans. Executes regular partner reviews and quarterly business reviews to track plan execution, identified gaps, and agrees on any correction of errors.
- Leads business-design briefings advising partner leadership on building a high-impact Microsoft Services practice. Develops and executes strategic partner business plans for managed partner that grow partner business and promote cloud consumption and digital transformation. Develops plans that fully consider short- and long-term goals and performance expectations that are aligned with partner’s needs and capabilities.
- Helps lead the integration of skills, capability, and capacity plans for the partner business. Influences partner to create a learning culture. Applies and offers various sales and tech trainings and bootcamps to increase the partners' capabilities.
Partner Sales and Consumption
- Possesses a challenger sales mindset and begins to apply this in interactions with partner. Orchestrates reviews of partner’s pipeline, top deals, and consumption targets. Coaches the partner on top deals and ensure close alignment between the partner’s sales team, channel managers, and other relevant teams. Supports the partner’s sales leaders on how to overcome obstacles, compete, create deal proposals, etc.
- Helps lead campaigns with various functional areas and the partner’s marketing teams. Oversees planning, campaign tactics, offers, and incentives. Ensures core activities are agreed upon before executing and helps to coordinate resources. Ensures sales targets are clear and that actions and accountabilities are being routinely followed up.
- Leads and implements assessments of the partner’s journey of building world class teams and helps to oversee the sharing of assessment results with other Partner Development Managers (PDMs) and the partner.
- Leverages internal resources to develop Go-to-Market (GTM) and co-selling strategies that define activities and expectations to meet Microsoft and partner sales goals. Prioritizes accounts for developing GTM strategies. Advises partner on meeting various program, sales, and tech requirements. Shadows other Partner Development Managers (PDMs) through orchestration and acceleration of removing roadblocks, including internal escalation(s) as needed. Helps partners understand what a consumption-led business is and how it operates and coaches partners around consumption economics (e.g., leverages reports, analyses, etc.).
- Supports partner readiness by assisting partners in the development and execution of marketing plans with guidance to generate customer sales (e.g., campaigns, incentives, and promotions). Secures marketing resources (e.g., go to market offers) to assist partners with developing marketing plans.
- Evaluates managed partner portfolio to identify patterns, opportunities, and gaps in partner accounts. Proposes existing products and solutions or recommends new solutions in which partners can jointly invest to fill gaps. Aligns partner needs and interests with market opportunities.
- Ensures results on partner's behalf through resolution of complex and urgent escalations. Leads the orchestration of response to the partner to ensure timely action and resolution from internal teams. Advocates to and guides other groups in prioritizing partners' solutions and issues. Champions internal processes that benefit partners and brings insights into the organization around what the partner experience looks like.
- Embody our culture and values
- Help our GSS scale partner transform and grow their business in the cloud by developing comprehensive partner business plans identifying short and long-term strategic goals and tactical execution.
- Build strong relationships with Microsoft and partner resources to design and build a solutions portfolio of differentiated Cloud solutions aligned with market opportunities and across Microsoft’s three clouds: Azure, Dynamics 365, and Microsoft 365.
- Identify an effective path to market with solutions and Go-To-Market (GTM) activities
- Track pipeline health on deals to accelerate sales momentum and cloud consumption.
- Drive performance management through monthly/quarterly partner business reviews to assess overall performance, measure against partners’ transformation goals, and make adjustments, as necessary.
- Drive continuous optimization of partner’s performance as measured by revenue, pipeline, consumption, usage and partner impact.
- Develop strategic content that will allow better positioning of our partnership internally and externally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Operations, Computer Science or a related field AND 5+ years partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, capabilities and solutions that generate partner growth and innovation.
- Deep strategic advisor and executive relationship management experience driving sales with partners in commercial businesses.
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies.
- Strong influence and orchestration skills helping align Microsoft and partner resources to drive solutions that support customer needs.
- Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment.
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through.
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Business Science, or an advanced degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) or a related field AND 8+ years partner management, sales, developer, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.