Business Manager, Biz Apps, MSUS
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
The mission of Microsoft Business Applications is to help our customers digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
As the Business Manager for US Business Applications, you will manage the day-to-day running of the business on behalf of the US Biz Apps BG Lead, including driving the rhythm of business (ROB), driving budget planning process and ongoing review, developing relationships with key partners, and communicating the business strategy and performance. You will also be a key leader in driving the health and culture of the organization.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Partners with the leadership team to develop and execute planning processes, as well as planning integration across the broader organization. Helps in managing the team's rhythm of business (ROB). Collaborates with the leadership team to articulate objectives that are in alignment with the goals of the organization. Reviews adherence to privacy and compliance.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders and Microsoft teams to oversee the creation and implementation of execution plans. Ensures alignment for strategy initiatives across functions that span the Marketing & Operations, MSUS, and Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions. Tracks and reports on Objectives & Key Results (OKRs).
- Uses understanding of the organization's strategy and deliverables for the upcoming year(s) to design budgets. Collaborates with leaders regarding resource planning.
Maximizing/ Extending the Leader
- Leverages or continues to build broader networks to foster strong relationships that support execution across the business. Manages and cultivates relationships with leaders and peers of internal teams.
- Leverages knowledge of the business goals and approach to ensure team activities are aligned with the business objectives. Supports the leader in communicating key goals, priorities, and definitions. Maximizes a culture to support and represent the business and team.
- Monitors team/organization health and contributes to culture building, as well as promoting culture initatives (e.g., Diversity and Inclusion [D&I], hiring, onboarding).
- Leads and contributes to cross-team projects as needed to take advantage of market opportunities in Business Applications.
- Supports the development of content for internal communication.
- Leverages manager input to create foundational and storytelling content to articulate strategies, results and goals for internal and external forums (e.g., external or customer meetings, executive meetings, event presentations).
- Helps drives accountability for the team and organization in executing core business activities. Uses understanding of priorities based on scorecards and communicates in a simple way. Aligns priorities with revenue targets and performance metrics. Creates clarity in ambiguous situations to facilitate and drive prioritization and decision making for leaders across the team.
- Embodies our culture and values.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (e.g., Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Management, Computer Science) AND 4+ years experience in sales & marketing, financial management, business planning, strategy, project management, or business-related roles
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Experience preferred in driving and delivering growth and impact in ANY of the following: enterprise sales and marketing, strategy and planning, sales performance and excellence, comprehensive rhythm of the business, compliance, systems & tools, continuous improvement, or operations.
- Influence both verbally and through written materials and ultimate drive productive conversations at all levels.
- Ability to effectively collaborate, influence, and utilize outside resources to deliver impactful results.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including demonstrated success developing executive communications and working across senior leadership to curate content.
- Experience in managing organizational budgets.
- Executive maturity and proven ability to plan, organize, and manage business/operational rhythms such as leadership team meetings, reviews, and events.
- Ability to think holistically and strategically about key operational rhythms, communications, and programs.
- Strong project management skills with exceptional organization skills.
- Experience in any of the following Business Application technologies preferred: Power Platform, Dynamics 365 CRM, Dynamics 365 F&O, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management or related CRM and ERP technologies
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $119,200 to $178,800.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic lif e insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.