Go to Market Manager, Azure Infrastructure
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
The Marketing & Operations (M&O) team plays an essential role translating Microsoft’s Commercial Strategy to a local execution plan and driving operational excellence to achieve the greatest results possible. Our team drives cross-company, cross-Area and cross-Subsidiary insight and execution excellence, bringing strategy and priorities to life by accelerating the pace of transformation and enabling Microsoft to deliver business impact at scale. The Azure business is a critical strategic monetization and growth lever for the company. This business consists of growing Azure consumption in both our customer base and acquiring new customers across both Microsoft and Open Source technologies.
The Azure Go-To-Market Manager is responsible for leading the team of GTM Managers for Azure Go-To-Market strategy for their Area to deliver customer & partner success, resulting in revenue, growth and share outcomes for their Azure aligned Priorities. Specifically, this manager will have a concentrated focus on migration and modernization for Azure Infrastructure. This role must develop strong partnerships across marketing, partner, services and sales to lead and execute the priorities. This position is up to 100% work from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
US Marketing & Operations (USM&O) is the ‘Marketing and COO’ function for Microsoft United States (MSUS), also known as the US subsidiary. USM&O executes company strategy and priorities that enable us to achieve our business goals with a focus on B2B customer engagement by developing and executing on go-to-market programs (GTMs), Marketing Campaigns, and a Field Operating Model. Driving a common operating model across the US subsidiary ensures consistent, measurable execution and landing of priorities.
- Leads a team of GTM managers through the definition and orchestration of strategic go-to-market plans across the business inclusive of marketing, field, consulting, customer success, and partner functions that support a One Microsoft approach to overall business strategy and execution.
- Works collaboratively with internal partners to understand goals and metrics, and considers strategic cross-product/aggregate business metrics to develop and track the appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and scorecard metrics in order to understand performance, drive insights, and lead corrective measures to adapt go-to-market delivery.
- Builds and lands growth plans. In partnership with the finance organization, develops competitive strategies to drive target market share gains.
- Partners with the global partner solutions (GPS) team to guide development and execution of programs to recruit and enable partners to achieve target capacity and quality.
- Leads a complex stakeholder map to drive the local product marketing growth strategy. Drives impact through correction of error initiatives where required, landed in partnership with the sales segments and broader area/subsidiary.
- Leads and orchestrates functional teams in understanding and executing market strategy and customer segmentation strategy plans. Assesses and prioritizes impact over activity.
- 8+ years marketing strategy, business planning, sales enablement, business development, technical pre-sales, or related work experience AND Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related field
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience managing and expanding a product/solution portfolio and driving demand generation and pipeline acceleration within a complex (e.g., multinational or matrixed) organization.
- 2+ years of people management experience. MS/MBA a plus, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science and/or equivalent experience.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $148,000 - $222,000
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.