Senior Software Engineer - Turn 10 Studios
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to have a major impact on 3 video games in development across 2 beloved Xbox franchises? ForzaTech is the engine, tools, and pipelines that drive Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon and Fable. The ForzaTech team is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer with an appetite for working on security to help protect and enhance our player experience.
This role is responsible for discovering and responding to threat activity as well as educating and working with multiple teams from community to gameplay engineering. An Engineer in this role is expected to be clever, collaborative and be driven by customer empathy.
- Design and implement new security features in our engine, games, and services
- Evaluate vulnerabilities, consult experts, and implement solutions
- Be consulted on security topics outside of game application security (e.g., IT/Ops, tools, and more)
- Collaborate and meet regularly with other Xbox Game Studios security teams
- Educate both technical and non-technical teams on security
- Drive engineering excellence through presentations, mentorship, and community
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Strong C++ fundamentals and professional C++ experience
- Strong technical background and deep knowledge of engineering principles, problem solving, design, programming, and testing
- Familiarity with multiple game engine systems (e.g., streaming io, threading, networking, scripting, memory management, graphics)
- Familiarity with common game security strategies
- Familiarity with common cheating techniques and security risks
- Practical understanding of cryptographic techniques
- Professional application or game security experience
- Experience with reverse engineering techniques
- Experience using a disassembler and low-level debugging experience (e.g., Ida Pro, Ghidra)
- Experience working in the games industry or good knowledge of multiplayer games and communities
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.