Senior Software Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
We believe the current workspace is underserved by the existing software solutions and we are building a new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace. At Microsoft Teams, we tackle some of the most interesting challenges in team collaboration and are filled with opportunities to work with teams and technologies across the company and beyond.
We are an agile team in a fast-moving group with plenty of growth opportunities. Our team focuses on building Teams app store and marketplace experiences for ITPros, Partners and System Integrators for Microsoft Teams.
These features are huge growth engines for our M365 commercial and enterprise customers and can set us apart from our competitors. The services we build must be highly scalable to meet the needs of an ever-growing user base and must be resilient and performant to ensure compliance. This is a unique opportunity to hone your system design skills and will give you exposure to innovative technology stacks (.NET Core, React, Service Fabric topology, Redis, Azure Cosmos DB) as well as cross-org collaboration opportunities. You will have E2E ownership and make a significant impact in this critical area.
We're looking for strong full-stack developers with a passion for building large scale web services and state of the art web applications to empower administrators in Enterprises and SMBs to drive adoption of Teams applications and to manage & govern their M365 and Teams Application in their organization. As part of the team, you will enable admins to discover, try, buy, deploy, manage, review, and analyze their applications via intuitive and powerful solutions that directly impact millions of end users interacting with Teams Application.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science (or equivalent field)
- 7+ years of software engineering experience building frontend & server/service applications Excellent problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
- Experience in Web Development using React, TypeScript, HTML5, ASP.NET
- Strong passion for delivering high quality, large scale services in cloud applications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Experience working on large scale cloud applications.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Self-driven, pro-active, results-oriented
- The ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.