Senior Product Designer
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Our team is embedded in a thriving portion of Microsoft’s business that’s responsible for designing and building industry-leading collaboration tools for work, school and home. We work across several products to make even more delightful and useful experiences for hundreds of millions of monthly active users. To that end, we are evolving the personality of products including Teams, Skype, GroupMe, OneDrive, Sharepoint and Viva. We’re also learning from those who aren’t yet customers how to evolve our products to help everyone across the globe achieve more together.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer with a rich visual design background to join our team. You will collaborate with partners across multiple disciplines—including Motion Design, Engineering and Product Management. You will inspire the near-future of these products by leading projects to evolve how brand personality manifests in UI. You will also grow your empathy for others as we solve customer problems with simplicity and delight.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, skillsets and creative disciplines grounded in customer needs. The role is flexible, in that you’ll be able to work with your manager to define the ways you’d like to work—in the office or from home. This is a fantastic opportunity to build an experience that hundreds of millions of people worldwide use to connect and achieve more together.
This team supports our employees in all locations around the country. This job has the option to be remote or located in one of our hubs.
- Lead design sprints—including key design partners from other teams—to advocate for design innovation and product delight.
- Work hands-on to design UI for emerging apps and features.
- Think strategically to launch new projects at just the right time to make a near-term impact on the product.
- Improve interaction with the products using motion design to inform the plan of record and engineering efforts.
- Lead presentations to senior leadership—crafting compelling stories that will live on beyond a single meeting, to inspire the rest of our design organization.
- Commission research projects to inform evolution of the product and test your hypotheses.
- Develop greater empathy, in order to communicate clearly and delightfully with a diverse global audience.
- Keep an eye on the big picture, while polishing the small details that make up the difference between good and great.
- Remain self-motivated—even when faced with ambiguity about where to go next.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design or related field AND 5+ years experience working in product or service design.
- OR Master’s Degree in Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design or related field AND 4+ years experience working in product or service design.
- OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
- 2+ years using Sketch and/or Figma to design digital experiences.
- An online portfolio or reel/samples of work demonstrating high attention to detail and storytelling.
- 8+ years' experience working in product or service design.
- 4+ years' experience shipping products or games as the end product of an end-to-end process.
- 2+ years' animation experience for UX/Interaction.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.