Senior Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be and take their careers to levels they cannot achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and the sky is the limit thinking a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft’s Intelligence Platform engineering team is leading the transformation of analytics in the world of data with products like Power BI, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Explorer. We will bring the world’s data to the Microsoft Cloud, power a new class of data first applications, and empower everyone on the planet to make better decisions with data.
We do not just value differences or different perspectives. We seek them out and invite them in so we can tap into the collective power of everyone in the company. As a result, our ideas are better, our products are better, and our customers are better served.
Analytics. We provide a range of products that enable data engineers and data scientists to extract intelligence from all data – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured. We are in the process of integrating our disparate products into Azure Synapse Analytics with a set of experiences that are meant to simplify and accelerate time to value.
We are looking for passionate people with experiences working with all service aspects of high throughput and multi-tenant services, ability to design components carefully, properly handle errors, write clean and well-factored code with good tests and good maintainability.
- Product Management experience where your primary responsibilities involved the design of software features working closely with an engineering team
- Create data engineering and optimization roadmap by collaborating with the team, product, and design partners
- Document and define existing data engineering processes, data and technology, while evaluating them for optimization.
- Managing schedules, risks, and issues across organizations and communicating them effectively to the team, management, and partners.
- 4+ years of technical program management or product management experience
- 4+ years of experience in Apache Spark or other distributed systems
- Deep knowledge in SQL, Python or Scala
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including proven experience communicating clearly and precise with both technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills to address complex problems and issues.
- A start up mentality to move and iterate quickly and aren’t afraid to cross responsibility expectations by coding or designing mockups.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.