Solution Architect, Customer Innovation
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to lead in empowering our customers to realize the full value of the Microsoft Cloud by more closely aligning with their business and industry challenges?
We relentlessly look for new ways where Microsoft’s latest technologies can be leveraged, combined, and extended to solve our customer’s most pressing business and technical challenges. We partner with key strategic customers to explore innovation in the context of real-world business impacting use cases with an eye on repeatability and scale to enable Microsoft sellers to quickly deliver MVPs (minimally viable products) that help other customers realize those benefits, faster and easier.
This is a hands-on role and requires full-lifecycle, full-stack code development as well as creative design skills. We believe in creating clarity, energy, and growth in a helpful and collaborative environment that celebrates team success. We are earnest about unblocking others, recognizing accomplishments, and celebrating diversity and inclusion. We constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees to do the best work of their lives.
The ideal candidate must be technical, dynamic, passionate, self-motivated, and confident in working with multiple stakeholders in a matrixed organization. They need to be able to gain the trust and confidence of the stakeholders and be a visible driver who can drive results through influencing the work of others.
- Define – Create UX designs, product, and technical specifications aligned to business outcomes for incubation solutions
- Develop – Using the latest Microsoft technologies, design and implement MVP (minimum viable product) solutions that demonstrate repeatable business value
- Deliver – End to end Customer engagements with MVP code, IP, and other requisite materials to test incubation solutions and validate customer value.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in Near Term Strategy (1-2 years out), Management Consulting, or Finance.
Preferred / Additional Qualifications
- Customer obsession is essential for this role. You lead with deep customer empathy, define core customer value first and drive product vision across multiple divisions/organizations. Including driving product implementation thereof.
- 5+ Years of Architecting, designing, and developing business focused technology solutions
- 5+ Years of Customer Interfacing experience in product / sales / consulting roles
- 5+ Development/Design Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Figma / Your favorite design tooling
- Power Applications, Dynamics 365
- Full stack development
- Ability to balance success of the customer engagement with repeatability and incremental revenue opportunity for Microsoft
- Understanding of technology sales and deployment lifecycle and experience working closely with sales and product/engineering teams
- Prior experience as part of a technology services consulting company, Product Management, or Pre-sales role.
The salary range in the state of Colorado is $120,100 - 180,100
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.