Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Come join the fastest growing business application in Microsoft history! Microsoft Teams is an award-winning chat-based application in Office 365. It is the fastest growing app in Microsoft history and core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communications and collaboration.
Microsoft Teams is the canvas that keeps all your content, tools, people, and conversations together in one place and gives instant access to them right in the Office 365. There are so much more that we have planned and will need your help in this exciting endeavor! Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in our customer needs. We are hiring for development and scaling of Microservices and Restful APIs that power multiple end user experiences in Teams application. The development process is rapid, iterative, and Agile relying on experimentation and CICD.
We are looking for a Software Engineer I/II who could build and maintain reliable, highly available and highly scalable services. If you strive to achieve Engineering excellence, like to collaborate with various partners across the globe and have a desire to continuously learn and innovate, this may be the team for you.
- Working within an agile development environment with other developers and product owners to scope, architect, develop and deliver world-class software solutions.
- Own design, development, maintenance, and operations of mission critical services to ensure high availability, scalability, and resiliency.
- Implement efficient patterns to call dependent services, leverage distributed cache.
- Prior experience or interest in site reliability engineering/dev-ops.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Help to continuously improve the development process.
- 1+ years of experience in software development.
- Proficient in C#, Java, or similar Object-Oriented languages.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in building, shipping, optimizing, and operating reliable, scalable, secure, distributed system software.
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and design patterns.
- Experience with ASP .NET, Azure Service Fabric, Redis or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate across teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.