Regional Delivery Manager CI+A
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Columbia, Maryland, Des Moines, Iowa, Detroit, Michigan, Dulles, Virginia, Indianapolis, Indiana, Miami, Florida, Nashville, Tennessee, Phoenix, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, San Antonio, Texas, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, United States
Job Type: Full time
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Regional Delivery Manager with our Cloud Interconnection & Acquisition (CI + I) Team.
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Regional Operations Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
As a successful Regional Delivery Manager, your success will be measured by:
- Deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Live our culture, embody our values, and practice our leadership principles.
- Define team objectives and outcomes, enable success across boundaries, and help the team adapt and learn.
- Attract and retain great people, know everyone’s capabilities and aspirations, and invest in the growth of others.
CI + A Operations
- Management, coaching, and oversight of a team of regional Fiber Delivery Engineers to deliver strong regional performance
- Ensuring the on-time delivery of long haul, metro, and subsea fiber projects
- Evaluating, selecting, and managing vendors
- Reporting and monitoring performance metrics, KPIs, and SLAs
- Be a hands-on-manager with technical depth, vision, and ability to innovate in all areas of network infrastructure operations
- Developing, improving, measuring, and managing optimal business practices and processes
- Developing and executing on best practices for data analytics, metrics, reporting, tooling, and automation that drives scale and efficiency
- Document and drive alignment on dependencies, supplier contracts, success metrics, resource readiness, operational, supportability, and manageability criteria.
- Review Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) and provide input to improve or increase service efficiency.
- Partner cross-functionally to support global and regional initiatives (e.g., environmental health and safety, risk assessments, certifications).
- Manage relationships with clients to ensure that all expectations are clarified and understood and deliver solutions that exceed client expectations while maintaining a strong customer focus.
- Applies deep subject matter expertise and escalates to meet SLA/OLAs with minimal disruption to the client/customer and business and reviews metrics with team to ensure understanding of targets and
- Manage resources appropriately to accommodate pilot programs and task force participation and make recommendations for additional funding where necessary.
- Empowers teams to work collaboratively and creates visibility to help other teams succeed with regional/global management teams.
Team Work Environment
- Remove barriers that inhibit agility to enable team to shift priorities quickly without losing productivity.
- Maintain a broad perspective and work to incorporate diverse viewpoints while identifying and evaluating opportunities to create strategies that cross organizational boundaries and drive broad business goals.
- Establish a culture of safety, quality, and customer obsession while ensuring the team’s standards are consistent with overall service objectives.
- Create the type of conditions for successful collaboration, geared toward identifying and resolving organization-wide issues by bringing together creative and relevant solutions from diverse perspectives.
- Understand workforce capability and delegate work accordingly across team to effectively deliver results, finding ways to accomplish more by enabling others.
- Find opportunities for collaboration across groups within division, ensure that cross-team commitments are set, and achieve scale by enabling the work of others.
- Delegate to others to promote growth and development of future leaders.
- Act as a trusted resource and advisor to a wide network of colleagues with diverse viewpoints.
- Recognize team successes and reward teamwork and contributions to team success while driving a culture that’s focused on meeting strategic goals
- Have pride and a sense of personal accountability for end-to-end service quality, completeness, and resulting customer experience.
- Identify unaddressed issues across service and resolve, escalate, or find the appropriate owner to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Drive and own the service management perspective to ensure that business leaders understand the business implications of risks, dependencies, and budgets to enable good business decisions and ensure the long-term value of the service.
- Model and foster accountability and morale for the team.
Microsoft considers all candidates that meet the Qualifications listed below:
For this role, candidates will need to meet the following Required Qualifications:
- At least four years’ experience managing large-scale and complex projects
- At least four years’ experience leading technical project management teams with a technical background in network engineering or optical transport
- At least three years’ experience in business analytics and data analysis expertise
- BS/BA in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or related technical field OR equivalent technical experience.
While not required, we also look for the following Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT and CE infrastructures (Enterprise or larger business context)
- Excellent business acumen and financial management experience
- Experience with photonics and fiber optics
- Demonstrated experience leading a team
- Experience with SQL Query or other report building tools
- Experience with Power BI
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $145,400 and $218,400. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.