Principal Security Product Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Do you ever wonder what it would be like to help protect over a billion users across the planet? Believe us, it is a fun roller coaster ride! The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) team's mission is to protect our customers from the perils and attacks they face as they engage in the online world. The team’s charter is to protect Microsoft 365, the world’s largest productivity service and its principal data store. We continually take inputs from bug bounty, internal penetration test and external customer feedback to keep our customer's data secure. We are tasked with keeping up and exceeding the pace of innovation that is happening around the world.
The Security, Compliance, Identity, and Management Team is looking for a Security Architect to help secure our customers. You will be working with a talented team of engineers chartered with protecting our services (and customers) from the threats they face in this quickly changing landscape of cybersecurity. This position needs you to have a strong passion for technology, growth engineering, data informed decision making, partner engagement, and execution skills. If all this sounds interesting to you then you should talk to us!
As a Security Architect on the team you will be responsible for:
- Develop and execute the Security Roadmap for Exchange Online and Substrate
- Establish strong collaboration with Engineering teams on new features, services, and updates to the product
- Support threat modeling and identify security flaws early in the design phases
- Conduct security architecture reviews
- Provide guidance and recommendations for secure development
- Promote security awareness and provide training and good coding practices
- Investigate and incubate new ways to protect customers, their data, and our services.
- Plan and manage an expanding portfolio of security services and clients tracking key metrics.
- Establish a strategic view of risk to our services and drive iterative and consistent security improvements across the services’
- Represent Microsoft in various customer briefings and security conferences.
- Any other reasonable activity directed by management
- 4+ years of security industry experience and knowledge of the current security landscape.
- Security experience in modern AuthN/AuthZ practices
- We expect you to have a passion for product security!
- Proved experience from at least one cloud service provider
- Security experience with C#/ Python/ similar
- Excellent cross group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate the business need for security improvements
- Proven experience with different cloud providers architectures and security practices
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Online Services, and Active Directory
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.