Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
We are seeking an experienced Business Administrator to provide top notch support to the Partner Endpoint Research Director and the team as part of Microsoft Security Research (MSecR). We are a fun, growing, and busy team on the cutting edge of protecting businesses and users worldwide from malicious threats. If you possess excellent problem-solving skills and thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic work environment where you will support a global team and you are passionate about your role – we’d love to speak with you!
As our Business Administrator, you will work closely with the Endpoint MSecR Leadership team to provide seamless support, including calendar, travel, & team support for the Director. The position requires excellence in primary administrative functions, as well as the responsibility for executive-level interfaces, potential contact with customers and partners, as well as contact with all levels of Microsoft employees worldwide. Beyond calendar, travel, and team support, the ideal candidate for this role will need to be able to navigate and change directions quickly within our fast-paced environment; have stellar interpersonal skills and initiative; demonstrate good judgment; proven ability to accommodate diverse work styles; be both fair and unbiased; and the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality. You will also be skilled at setting priorities and handling multiple tasks simultaneously. Being detail-oriented and having consistent and timely follow-through will be essential to your success.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Complex calendar management
- Travel logistics, trip preparation and expense reporting
- Develop & maintain strategic working relationships with key business stakeholders/leaders across the organizations
- Develop an understanding of critical business needs, enabling appropriate decisions which impact a manager’s time
- Schedule and manage staff meetings, events and off-sites, conferences, including agenda management, meeting logistics, note-taking, material preparation and work with the global teams with the potential of travel
- Coordinate team morale events and/or broader team-wide events in collaboration with the admin community
- Excellent judgment in dealing with confidential information and ensuring accurate and timely distribution of information
- Professional presence at all times, as a representative of the team and Microsoft to outside customers
- Work closely with the MSecR Research Chief of Staff, peer admins, and the team’s Business Manager helping to manage Rhythm of the Business and people processes, including the team’s budget management, quarterly and mid-year budget reviews, leadership meetings, business reviews, Connects, Rewards discussions, All-Hands meetings, and other key discussions
- Manage headcount information and be a proficient user of all internal people, budget, and space management tools to generate relevant, timely, and accurate reports
- Manage team space needs and office moves as required and coordinate with the MSecR admins and the Microsoft Security space planner
- Oversee team support for the Microsoft Security Endpoint Research organization
- Align cross-group collaboration with other admins on team support
- Actively contribute to the MSecR Business Support team, Teams site and OneNote
- A minimum of 3+ years of work experience in a fast-paced administrative capacity
- Ability to accommodate diverse working styles and perspectives of all individuals
- Proven ability to prioritize own work and resources to complete projects on time and to solve routine problems effectively
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Be a strong team player who will demonstrate drive and initiative, and have a positive and professional approach
- Desire to take on big challenges and be able to see the big picture and the details
- Strong customer service and consistent can-do attitude
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and requests
- Excellent cross-team collaboration with a proven ability to work across organizations and reporting boundaries to get things done
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required. Proficiency with Microsoft Internal tools, i.e., Employee Central, ICIMS, OneNote, SharePoint, and Teams required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.