Principal Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is seeking a Sr. Business Program Manager to support the Cloud Infrastructure Planning and Acquisition (IPA) organization. CO+I is responsible for planning, building and operating Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure datacenters across the globe. The organizational scope includes supply planning, business operations and strategic acquisition and prepositioning across land, power, and networking. To help us accelerate achieving our growth objectives and transformation, we are looking for a strong business manager. As part of this organization, you will be part of a rapidly growing business, enable global impact, and drive strategic execution on our key initiatives.
You will partner closely with key stakeholders at all levels and be responsible for working with the senior leadership team in driving business operations, creating and managing Rhythm of the Business, driving organizational initiatives, and business process to meet strategic objectives and priorities. This is a business-critical role that will enable the right candidate to have a direct and significant impact in driving the organization to meet ambitious organizational targets. If you have a proven track record of driving change, leading innovation, and improving existing programs and processes, along with the passion to clearly document, socialize, iterate, and drive team accountability, then this role is for you.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Understand the end-to-end business to manage priorities most effectively, manage interactions, and serve as the proxy for leadership, as needed
- Lead semester planning process, driving business content and alignment across teams
- Drive cross team initiatives to manage and drive reductions in operating efficiencies
- Act as the connection point with Chief of Staff to lead the team through all the major annual C&AI, and CO+I milestones and Rhythm of the Business (ROB) activities including work back schedules and tracking/driving to completion for Monthly Business Reviews, Fundamentals, and Strategic Initiatives reviews
- Ensure big picture alignment within IPA and to broader organizational level goals, develop partnership, and gain alignment for execution. Provide thought leadership into white papers as required and frame requirements within that larger organization context.
- Participate in improving processes to minimize complexities and optimize to promote effective operations.
- Ensure success of executive meetings, speaking engagements, partner, and team engagements (ex. Town Hall meetings, external speaking events)
- Tie the communication engagement plan into broader organizational rhythm and resources
- Manage the team's Opex and Capex budget, headcount and spend in partnership with finance to ensure effective budget management
- Ensure teams have a deep understanding of people/discretionary and non-people spend and drive to quarterly and FY financial targets/accountabilities
- Lead fiscal planning process for the team in partnership with finance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 10+ years business management or program management in a supply chain, infrastructure or technology organization
- 5+ years of experience in cross-functional program management
- 5+ years of process management experience
- Strong project management and organization skills, with the ability and passion around people management 2+ years in business operations or datacenter domain experience preferred
- Microsoft experience would be beneficial
- A track record of effectively collaborating across groups, to drive clarity and effectiveness in rhythm of business
- Proactiveness and a strong positive outlook and approach to change management
- Strong business acumen and mental agility to ramp quickly across our diverse business and offerings
- Enjoy working under pressure and deadlines, with a strong ability to manage complexity while driving clarity
- Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results
- Ability to simplify complex ideas into easy-to-understand concepts for communications
- Demonstrated strong capability in verbal and written communications skills across a geographically dispersed audience
Candidates must meet Microsoft, customer, and government security background screening requirements for this role. These requirements currently include, but may change, and are not limited to:
Microsoft Cloud Screen Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Screen background check upon hire/transfer and every two years after that while in this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.