Partner Technology Strategy Manager/ CTO
Location: Miami, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Are you inspired by the prospect of helping our customers achieve their digital transformation by leveraging the power of Microsoft’s Cloud and Solutions? Are you excited by the opportunity to be a critical technology roadmap influencer and enable a select group of Microsoft’s most strategic and high growth Partners be successful on the Microsoft Cloud Platform?
This position design and lead the MS tech strategy to support and enable our ecosystem to achieve and exceeed customer needs and capture the cloud opportunity in the LATAM region.
We are looking for a credible technical Strategist to lead a team of PTS and CSAs talented and ready to work with the partner’s C-Suite technical and practice management executives sharing a compelling technical vision leading to Partners committing to building new practices based on Microsoft’s technologies and reaching customer outcomes of the usage of MS technologies and partner solutions and practices.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
Partner and Industry Insights
- Synthesizes and combines various business insights from their team, global best practices, proof points from experience with several countries and regions, and deep industry expertise (e.g., level 200) related to customers/partners and their competitors to conduct forecasting and develop recommendations for managing accounts and subsidiary planning. Ensures that all levels of the organization challenge partners to consider alternatives and adapt strategies, plans, business models, and solutions to insights.
- Orchestrates global teams across the organization to gather information, collaborate on performance markers, and identify potential risks in partner accounts. Brings in business and industry insights to address the broader business challenges for the partner. Executes work against the overall business and technical strategy.
- Acts as the voice of the partner and internal advocate by providing insights, feedback, and challenges from the partner to internal teams (e.g., product groups, engineers) across all levels of the organization. Drives action to ensure that internal teams understand and respond to insights.
- Acts as the "virtual Chief Technology Officer (CTO)/Chief Digital Officer (CDO)" or "go-to" person in established, long-term relationships with technical decision makers (TDMs) and/or business decision makers (BDM) at the C-level (to the extent that the partner will call for consultation without being prompted) and advises on solutions and positions Microsoft offerings.
- Provides analysis of overall partner needs for some of the largest and most complex accounts, and advises on gaps that would benefit from Microsoft solutions, using an understanding of the business strategies and outcomes that technology can support; leads the adoption of technologies by plotting the strategic, long-term vision of the customer's/partner's business strategy and driving action to bring to fruition.
- Ensures execution of technology strategy and digital transformation by anticipating and/or leading the resolution of technical blockers that arise during strategy planning and implementation; and driving technology adoption.
- Guides the creation of mid-term and long-term (e.g., 12 months plus) technical and business roadmaps for highly prominent, challenging, and/or strategic accounts based on a deep understanding of business and technology priorities and industry landscape; ensures that teams drive envisioning and articulate business and program changes in the roadmaps around new and groundbreaking capabilities.
Demand Generation and Orchestration
- Orchestrates internal teams to ensure sufficient technical resources for demands, when appropriate.
Differentiated Value Proposition
- Establishes clarity and builds differentiated value proposition through the team and motivates team to anticipate competitive technologies and industry trends to drive success. Guides team to drive conversations with large-scale or high-impact partners that present the strategic relationship between Microsoft technologies, products, and services compared with the competitor's solution and the partner's overall business goals and objectives.
- Creates and maintains a vision with business and technology solution scenarios and services that helps large-scale, high-stakes partners meet their business goals, achieve their long-term corporate vision, and maximize commercial success.
Education and Thought Leadership
- Provides thought leadership and guidance to their immediate team, partners, and the broader community on enablement plans to educate and build large and high-stakes partners; allocates resources, manages budget, and provides guidance to their immediate team and partners on creating and implementing the enablement plan build practices. Drives teams to contribute to innovations to accelerate meeting goals for capacity.
- Provides expertise and is sought out by the Microsoft community at the global level. Leads the direction that virtual team members (e.g., Account Team) take with customers by providing them with strategic input using thorough knowledge of Microsoft technologies, partner accounts, and digital transformations and their context in the competitive landscape. Serves on panels or external communities and shares expertise with internal teams that influences change and transformation of solutions.
- Orchestrates a wide, complex range of components for projects/programs within large, high-stakes accounts, in accordance with partner plan, to develop solution offerings and value realization across a variety of solution areas; sets timelines and milestones, and tracks progress toward objectives; leverages industry expertise and establishes technical credibility with partners to drive the project agenda.
- Partners with line-of-business leaders or senior executives within the customer/partner organization to optimize technology consumption and adoption across the enterprise. Creates benchmark processes that are adopted by others across accounts.
- Ensures teams are influencing large, global partners to develop groundbreaking and highly advanced/impactful solutions using Microsoft technologies, and builds solutions into the partner ecosystem to enable partners to sell to end-customers.
- Helps partners build practices or solutions and shares their experience and influence with partners through solution-sales guidance; provides guidance to the broader technical team to ensure that technical pre-sales, deployment, and consumption (with a focus on key strategic workloads and solutions) are part of solution development efforts; coaches the partner on building resilience to technical issues and dealing with competition.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 8+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical or sales experience
o OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 6+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical or sales experience
o OR equivalent experience.
Fluency in English, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese.
Additional or Preferred Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 12+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical/sales experience
o OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field AND 8+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical/sales experience
o OR equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience with relevant technologies (e.g., cloud, infrastructure, Microsoft platform).
- 3+ years people management experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.