Customer Success Account Management Manager - Healthcare
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Birmingham, Alabama, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Green Bay, Wisconsin, Kansas City, Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Full time
Builds and executes shared plans with customers. Manages customer executive relationships through business reviews, strategic escalations, and administration of customer contracts. Enable customers to use their benefits effectively. Provides direction for other members of the Account Team to develop a deep understanding of their customer’s business and technical objectives. Sets priorities for Microsoft to contribute to the customer’s success in those areas. Plans the delivery of services to achieve success criteria for top priority solutions and workloads. Provides direction and orchestration related to overseeing and managing the delivery of projects and programs to achieve defined success criteria for prioritized customer solutions and workloads. Develops and executes technical skilling plan to build technical expertise aligned with customer and business priorities.
#HLS #HealthLifeSciences #Healthcare #MSUS #Sales
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
Customer Relationship Management
- Leads by example in creating and nurturing strategic relationships with key customer stakeholders, targeting the C-Suite (as appropriate), often as part of a steering committee, to ensure delivery value is on track and major issues are being anticipated, identified, and managed.
- Synthesizes insights from their team regarding the business and Information Technology objectives, priorities, and strategies of customers across their Practice and more broadly across their practice in order to identify wide-spread patterns and develop strategies for the practice. Coaches others to do the same. Communicates current status of portfolio engagements to customer stakeholders on regular cadence. Coaches team to act on industry trends, anticipate and captures new customer needs and outcomes identified during customer engagement. Scopes for managed intellectual property (IP) that supports the practice, and provides feedback to corporate on the effectiveness of IP.
- Cultivates the image of their team, practice, and Microsoft as a valued business partner by aligning customer strategy with Microsoft's offerings and roadmap, as well as considering future industry needs, to agree on a long-term strategy (including for consumption) aligned to those objectives. Taking into account industry and customer insights, supports their team to lead with complex portfolio and program planning, engagement with executive sponsors, and prioritization of engagements to address strategic outcomes and drive customer success. Supports, in collaboration with other account team leaders, the Account Team in presenting the business and technical need for change and challenging customers' thinking where appropriate, including insights from competitors. Supports account planning, acts as a change agent for the Practice, and advocates internally to help customers transform to modern digital approaches.
- Cultivates transformational approaches in aligning growth goals, opportunities, and industry strategies enabling organizational and area portfolio and program planning excellence for the largest, most complex, strategic customers (e.g., global, high- revenue generation, complex transformation, strategic accounts) in partnership with Sales and account team leadership across solution areas. Supports the efficiency targets of their practice through the delivery of contracts and customer value, leveraging managed intellectual property (MIP) and enhanced offerings, in alignment with compliance policies.
Opportunity and Pursuit Management
- Provides guidance and mentorship in leading a team in recommending innovative opportunities for growth to capture and communicate customer and industry insights to sellers. Partners with internal leadership teams (e.g., Account Technology Unit [ATU], Customer Success Unit [CSU], Specialist Team Unit [STU]) to identify, create, and strategize on growth opportunities for their Practice and Area growth goals. In partnership with Sales identifies and supports the development of new customer opportunities aligned with Microsoft strategic priorities.
Consumption and Delivery Execution
- Coaches their team on the adoption and consistent use of appropriate delivery-management methodologies, processes, and tools. Coaches their team on effective customer communication and understanding customer expectations. Ensures that customer opportunities, questions, and/or issues are brought to the appropriate internal teams and management/leadership stakeholders. Encourages others to develop and/or expand awareness of internal mechanisms to best address global customer and industry needs. Establishes accountabilities to drive customer outcomes with internal stakeholders through their area's Customer Success Account Managers (CSAMs). Coaches their team on mapping and traceability using complex artifacts or indicators (e.g. value realization metrics). Ensures that their team has processes in place to affirm that they will meet customer goals and expectations. Anticipates, identifies, and mitigates blockers to customer success goals and partners with internal and external leadership stakeholders. Develops widespread initiatives to coach leadership colleagues on common consumption blockers in the industry, implementing large-scale and innovative approaches to address them.
- Sets the strategic direction of solution deliveries across the Practice, mentors others, and supports securing resources with internal leadership to deliver on customer obligations. Provides feedback and improves on delivery methodologies, processes, and tools. Accelerates production level consumption and ensures customer success in driving solution and operational health for Customers across the solution and support lifecycle. Seeks to resolve issues identified and escalated from direct reports regarding internal or critical customer issues (e.g., personnel change requests, threat of critical deal loss) with significant financial impacts on the business. Establishes global escalation standards for their Practice and Area and implements escalation management governance processes. Proactively manages customer and internal executive engagement through strategic relationships.
- Supports their team in developing and executing skilling plans to build technical expertise (e.g., customer/industry knowledge, product skills) in alignment with business priorities. Leverages development opportunities (e.g., mentorships, role-based resources, training) and drives team technical capabilities by proactively providing development opportunities through coaching and mentorship to team members. Leverages deep industry insights and customer experiences to challenge internal peers and provide mentorship that enhances their understanding of the customer and industry. Builds and leverages deep partnerships with technical teams (e.g., Cloud Solution Architecture [CSA], Fastrack, Engineering) and uses technical expertise to integrate multiple cloud technologies into robust solutions. Engages with customers to deepen competitive and strategic expertise and to identify common technology trends.
Customer Success Strategy
- Translates corporate and Customer Success strategy and regional and area direction into local action. Clarifies corporate and Customer Success strategies to build alignment with key stakeholder and customer strategies, and drive toward achieving practice goals. Leads trend identification and implementation across customer and functional teams and tailors practice planning and execution accordingly.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 6+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 4+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 12+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 10+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years relevant work experience within customer industry.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent Project Management certification.
Prosci or equivalent certification.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.