Group Manager, Americas Field Operations
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reno, Nevada, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
Americas Field Operations (AFO), within Microsoft Business Operations, is accountable to operationally enable pre-sales processes by owning E2E of close pipeline creation, manage critical deals, hold resolution leading to successful deal processing and supporting post-sales deal lifecycle. We are looking for a leader to join our team to lead Operations Deal Managers who provide deep expertise in Contracting, Order Management, Billing and Supplier Management to our Field Sales and Delivery teams.
In this management role you will be responsible for the delivery of a range of critical operational services that enable compliant contracting, accurate and timely billing, and world class support for our Stakeholders. As the leader of this team you will also be required to recruit, develop and support the careers of a talented and motivated team, leading them as the business evolves and changes in support of our customers. You will be expected to model our leadership principles and create an open and inclusive environment to allow individuals to do their best work.
As a critical member of the management team you will also be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the organization and help deliver innovations in our processes, policies and tools to make it easier to do business with Microsoft. The role will also provide fantastic opportunities to lead and shape next generation experiences for the field teams and end customers. You will lead an Operations team in America’s Operations and be at the center of the team’s transformation and success. You will touch our most valued customers and reach across our most important businesses. Are you ready to make an impact in this exciting and challenging role?
- Effectively communicate business strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work.
- Plan the team’s work to achieve goals and respond effectively to changing priorities, maintaining team energy and results
- Build a diverse team with capabilities needed to achieve current and future business objectives
- Facilitates an environment of inclusion of diverse perspectives and talent where every employee can effectively engage to better represent and understand our global customers
Operations Excellence: Optimization and Process improvement
- Acts as a thought leader to drive consistency in processes, capabilities, and services meeting performance expectations for consistency, accuracy, simplification, and timeliness of delivery
- Trusted advisor for customers, partners, and internal clients on operational processes and capabilities, and provides efficient, scalable operational solutions across a portfolio of launches
Stakeholder Management (Field, Partners, Customers)
- Uses voice of customer frameworks and metrics to identify trends and influences across multiple customers, partners, and internal groups.
Contracting and Order Management
- Deal and Contract Validation: Manage the validation of all complex/high value deals enabling accuracy in downstream financial processes followed by compliant issuance of customer contracts in accordance with Policies, Global and SOX approved deal financials
- Pipeline Management: Manage critical deal lists on a monthly and quarterly basis in alignment with expectations with the Sales, Sales Excellence and key Subsidiary sales stakeholders on all critical deals for the month
- Billing Execution: ensuring accurate and compliant invoice approval and dispatch (standard and local) to maximize cash flow and collectability for all invoices
- Credit Approval management: including orchestration of all Finance exception approvals on high value credits and execution of all credits and associated rebills
- Billing status and risk management: including tracking and communicating contract billing status to key stakeholders highlighting risks with contractual requirements, customer PO coverage, customer sign offs and credit/payment status.
- A proven track record as a high impact Operations leader working in complex large multi-national environments
- Strong people management skills with an interest in recruiting and developing high performance teams
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing in a shared service environment with a proven track record of consistently strong performance at this level
- Experience working with BPO partners to execute complex processes
- Highly developed communication and influence skills
- Experience in complex, global programs where design, development and implementation of new processes, systems and organizations are required
- Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership. innovations and execution management; ability to influence without authority
- Masters or MBA
- Excellent communication skills and leader with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally
- Effectively communicates business strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work. Plan the team’s work to achieve goals and respond effectively to changing priorities, maintaining team energy and results.
- Broad working knowledge of Microsoft including business groups, segment and support functions including multiple channels and business groups.
- As Operations Deal Manager, candidate needs to have Technical, Business, Financial and Marketing background to drive pipeline management, support services, process improvement and business analytics.
- Knowledgeable on Business Value deal constructions to provide guidance to the team, operations deal managers and Deal Desk.
- Have industry knowledge to shape transformational business deal construction from an industry transformational driver
- Challenge Status-quo (Growth-Mindset)
- High Customer/Partner engagement skills and Trusted Advisor
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.