Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reno, Nevada
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Business Operations’ mission is to make it easy to do business with Microsoft and to deliver innovative and efficient operational solutions that create great customer experiences. Our charter is to launch, transact, improve process, and close gaps. If you love working with others and are inspired by leading deep business analysis of in-market and future business models, applying that analysis to product and services launch and transact motions, curating best practices from multiple lines of business, and pushing the boundaries of what the business can achieve through critical business insights and capabilities, then we invite you to learn more about this role. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy!
The Process Lead within Microsoft Business Operations (MBO) Business Process and Analytics team, will be responsible for cross-company stewardship, architecture, capability, extensibility, and portfolio management of transaction design, maturity, performance, metrics, continuous improvement and innovation for the company’s Order to Cash core business process. This lead will manage a team of highly qualified individuals who play a mission critical role accountable for enabling ease of doing business with Microsoft customers and partners and company to scale through process excellence, standardization and automation. This role will collaborate with the Business Process Management, functional teams, partners and field resources to deliver best in class, integrated ordering and billing process, services and support experiences. And will identify and implement industry best practices to improve existing and modernize order/adjustments processes, demonstrating impact within a results-driven, highly ambiguous and dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a highly matrixed, multinational organization, exhibits outstanding people management, organizational, planning, communication, judgement and negotiation skills, uses data and analytics to drive performance insights and improvements and has strong customer and compliance focus.
Process Area Leadership
People Manager / Leader
Lead, Develop & grow team through empowerment & accountability by:
Modelling - Live the Microsoft culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership
Coaching - Define team objectives & outcomes; Enable success acrossm; Help the team adapt & learn.
Caring - Attract & retain great people; Know everyone’s capabilities & aspirations; Invest in the growth of others
- Curate in-depth understanding of end to end Process Area, its performance, pain points and issues and compliance
- Engagement, alignment, optimization & governance of x- Microsoft teams engaged in process.
- Participate in internal/external forums (e.g. Inspire) engaging customers and partners help them digitally transform
- Leads long-term vision for process architecture. Manages ordinal list of process improvements addressing immediate pain points/issues, long-term process optimization for scale.
- Define framework from L0 down to L4 level, including cost, volume & resource profiles.
Capability & Extensibility:
- Use the BPM Maturity model, benchmark as-is process, plan roadmap and scorecard to improve and achieve to-be (short, mid-, long-term).
- Review digital workflow and automation opportunities as the process evolves.
- Assess process performance metrics with industry peers & identify process improvement opportunities.
- Drive process improvements for broad, lasting business impact and scale across Microsoft.
- Lead prioritization, investment planning and resourcing for continued process improvement roadmap -- contributing to overall prioritized efforts with forecasted improvements centered on digital transformation.
- Accountable for the delivery of business process design through—manage and build roadmaps.
- Controls and Compliance: Understands process compliance and designs operations/ process controls
- Signoff on tollgates and change management decisions.
- Resource Strategy: Determine optimal resource strategy for the team and cost reduction / re-investment decisions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 8 years' minimum experience in Operations, Program Management, Project Management, or Process Management
- 4 years prior people management or lead experience
- Deep expertise and proven ability for planning, scheduling & coordinating to transform the business
- 3-5+ years leadership years in process and/or people management in the integrate Quote to Cash cash discipline
- Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership, decision-making, influence and process execution management
- Ability to simplify complex situations
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills and proficiency working with large data sets (structured and unstructured) and relational databases. Track record of successful delivery of complex global solutions to support enterprise business objectives.
- Experience in use of BPM, Six Sigma, Lean, Agile and/or Scrum Methodologies modeling AS IS and TO BE processes.
Business Process Management (BPM) certified and experience with orders, adjustments, pricing, discount, product attribution and ERP integrations
- Strong Process and Project management skills
- Able to work effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel driving achievement of business goals, metrics and problem resolution.
- Track record of breaking down silos and working with others within your team and other organizations to maximize impact.
- Negotiation and prioritization skills while working with a varied set of stakeholders
- Industry experience Technology, Cloud and/or Supply Chain, Compliance/controls a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.