Group Finance Manager, MCAPS Core
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions (MCAPS) Finance drives shareholder value in 15 Areas and 100+ subsidiaries across all commercial segments and products.
This role is for you if you draw energy from managing a team and enjoy solving complex and ambiguous business problems. You have a strong track record of success, have deep understanding of the business you support and have an eye for detail without losing sight of the big picture. You can effectively manage monthly rhythms, have a strong controls and compliance mindset, highly collaborative across teams/cultures and at the same time can sit across the table with leaders with crisp and succinct insights to drive decision making. If this sounds like you, then we should talk.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know everyone’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Consults with business leaders on implications of results and operating expenses. Provides guidance to achieving objectives (e.g., headcount, operational efficiencies etc.). Advises business partners on finance headcount processes and requirements. Develops accurate headcount forecasts for financial planning.
- Works directly with business partners to translate top-down targets to an accountable budget for each group. Directs analysis, modeling, and research to support preliminary and adjusted forecast cycles. Partners and solicits insight from business stakeholders. Prepares and summarizes recommendations. Manages the rhythm of the business for area of responsibility including budgeting and forecasting.
- Leads others to contribute to budget, forecast, closing, and recurring business review processes. Manages the rhythm of the business for area of responsibility including monthly close, and recurring business review preparation.
- Develops trusted partnerships with, and takes shared responsibility for, generating solutions that drive business leader goals, cost optimization, and maximize return-on-investment (ROI). Provides credible insights into Profit and Loss (P&L) optimization, identifying market opportunities, performance improvements, and achieving growth. Guides team to focus on driving profitable growth by being an integral part of the business decision making process.
- Applies understanding of the broader Microsoft context and external market trends to offer impactful solutions to ensure objectives are met. Articulates a comprehensive view of financial results and approaches leaders can implement. Shares business expertise to attract talent and help others execute their goals.
- Conceptualizes and designs new approaches to how financial data is collected and evaluated to impact future outcomes and decisions.
- Works with Microsoft experts to identify and leverage advanced tools and technology to aid in achieving greater production, autonomy, and goal attainment. Empowers team to drive improvements in data management through automation.
- Understands the interconnections between data, information, and results and translates this into forward looking narratives and forecasts. Provides clarity and alignment with senior leaders. Implements creative ways to show patterns and draw conclusions to help drive decisions and clearly communicate findings. Generates actionable plans based on complex results, ambiguous findings, and multi-year time horizons. Coaches team to translate data into actionable insights.
Drive Internal Compliance
- Own MCAPS finance policy and guidance
- Continue strong alignment with Internal Audit, EG finance, CFT and other corporate partners driving risk-based compliance frameworks. Build relationships of trust and honesty to ensure compliance risks are freely discussed and handled in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related field AND 8+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related field AND 6+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of progressive experience; BA/BS in Finance/Accounting required; MBA preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to articulate key messages concisely and clearly, while leveraging appropriate visual tools.
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy with a heightened sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business models and derive business insight to help strategic decision making.
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to see beyond the what and understand the why, and intellectual curiosity.
- Team player.
- Ability to influence, establish credibility, trust, and partnership at all levels of the organization (across geographies and organization).
- Presentation of results to senior management on a regular basis.
- Organized and proficient at managing multiple tasks under tight turnaround deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Passion for People.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.