Partner Business Strategy Manager – Customer Success
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
The Azure Customer Success team helps our customers achieve their own digital transformation by providing expert technical advice and guidance. We drive the consumption strategy of Azure programs and help our field as they help customers realize business value from their Azure investments.
To advance our consumption through ISVs and Service Partners, we are seeking an experienced Partner Business Strategy Manager – Customer Success who will work to define and execute the global business strategy for Azure Core.
The role will focus on different aspects of Azure Core consumption business with a unified mission of accelerating Partner consumption through insights, program ideation and execution across various teams. You will work in conjunction with key stakeholders across the organization and provide the insights that are needed to make long lasting business and technical decisions for one of Microsoft’s largest businesses.
- Build strong relationships with key Microsoft and Partner stakeholders to provide insights that will shape the business and technical consumption strategy
- Develop a framework that will serve as the foundation to measure Partner impact as it relates to Azure Infrastructure workloads
- Represent the team in key stakeholder meetings and report on week over week business scrums. Act as v-team lead for critical Azure Infrastructure Partner consumption strategies/blockers
- Be a change agent and implement a consumption first mindset with Partners
- Drive field and engineering relationships across Microsoft to ensure we are focused on unblocking customers as they onboard to Azure
- Validate and adjust the Partner consumption strategy for core Azure Infrastructure Services
- Influencer who can get things done. You will be able to separate what's important from what's urgent and find the path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn trust from collaborators, and thrive on ambiguity to deliver business outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in Near Term Strategy (1-2 years out), Management Consulting, or Finance.
- 3+ Years of experience working in the Partner space, with Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and/or System Integrators (SI)
- 5+ Years of Program Management
- 5+ Years of Project Management Skills
- 3+ Years presenting to Executive Audience
- 3+ Years of experience working in the Partner space
- Strong understanding of common cloud infrastructure workload scenarios (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra)
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, capabilities and solutions that generate partner growth and innovation.
- Strong knowledge of trends & patterns of core Azure infrastructure, especially as it relates to how our customers and partners adopt these technologies and evolve
- 8+ years of Program, Project, or Product Management experience
- 4+ years’ experience presenting to VP’s, C-level and Executives.
- Very strong business analysis skills required to identify trends and patterns.
- Experience or knowledge in sales or consulting in the enterprise segment
- Experience designing, building, and executing successful global programs and strategy at scale
- Experience driving change management and creating frameworks
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, interpersonal skills, and ability to influence others without direct authority
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and changing business needs with a resilient “can-do” attitude
- Results and action oriented – making sure the job gets done on time
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $129,800 – $194,800 USD
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.