Senior Technical Program Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Are you passionate about cloud computing, large scale distributed systems engineering problems, and working on leading edge technology at massive scale? Are you interested in both software and hardware, optimizing large scale systems to improve efficiency and reliability? Are you structured and data driven in solving problems and driving improvements?
The Azure Core Efficiency team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to work closely with other PM’s, Software Engineers, and Finance to develop and drive continuous cost reductions, margin improvements, and efficiency gains across the Azure Core portfolio.
A successful candidate will need to have an extensive understanding of technical architecture, be able to think strategically about the business, as well as effectively drive operational excellence. You will need to have a deep interest in data and the principles behind decisions, combined with the ability to understand and evaluate different points of view as you work across teams. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Establishing KPIs and milestones, tracking, and successfully driving to completion multiple large, complex, cost savings initiatives
- Contributing to defining a strategy and multi-year roadmap for reducing Azure Core infrastructure and service cost profile while ensuring consistent quality of service and continuity of supply
- Analyzing and modeling projected tradeoffs and benefits for a portfolio of initiatives
- To succeed you will need to partner effectively with stakeholders and executives across a wide array of internal and external disciplines and teams
- 4+ years of professional experience in product management, software product development, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in cloud-based businesses or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines or equivalent combination of work and educational experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You will collaborate across the company across disciplines including engineering, program/product management, and finance. You will also engage with external customers.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. You will need to be able to make informed tradeoffs and be able to break down and solve complex and often ambiguous problems
- Professional experience in at least two of the following with some experience (possibly informal) in a third: Engineering, Software Development, Finance, Cloud Services
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.