Senior Product Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Do you love solving deep technical problems with tough business requirements and direct customer impact? Are you passionate about working in optimizing large scale cloud projects? Are you looking for a unique V1 project to design and optimize a highly scalable, and available platform worldwide with a strategic business focus?
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial Cloud Services. Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider with 200+ distinct capabilities available in 50+ regions. To sustain our growing business, we are looking to build Azure’s next generation of customer usage and billing pipeline. This service offering will support the breadth of Azure offerings and will be the foundation for our customer billing, usage reporting, analytics, automated auditing, fraud detection and cost management systems. We are part of the Azure Data team with access to all of Microsoft’s data platform services and engineering to support this effort. This is a unique opportunity for someone who values broad, cross org collaboration to drive a global scale offering at the heart of the Azure business from the ground up.
- In partnership with each Azure service, identify the customer billing scenarios for that service and drive their billing requirements.
- Work with services across Azure to land the requirements for the usage pipeline system to drive adoption and onboard them to the centralized usage service.
- Produce use case and technical specifications where applicable.
- Triage, prioritize and partner with engineering to deliver the service billing needs and drive migration of the Azure service to centralized usage billing.
- Develop expertise in the Azure business and billing models to drive standardization and simplification of billing to benefit the business and customers.
- Contribute to generating organization-wide priorities, define project milestones and success criteria.
- Guide the engineering of a service that scales globally with low latency and is built with security and privacy out of the box.
- Understand top customer pain points and drive resolution through product enhancements, policy and support experience.
- Regularly communicate progress against goals for periodic project reviews.
- Collaborate with our analytics and data science teams to develop strategic insights to inform org-wide decision making based on the collected customer usage signals.
- 5+ years of program or product management experience with both technical and business leadership on high-impact programs.
- 3+ years of experience driving complex, cross-organizational projects.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Engineering, Risk Management, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Statistics, or related disciplines OR equivalent work experience.
- Customer obsessed, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills across leadership, engineering teams, and customers and partners.
- Strong data-driven decision making with ability to impact and influence business decisions across boundaries, often in ambiguous situations.
- Experience presenting plans and building consensus with technical leaders
- Collaboration skills with the ability to influence and drive change broadly across groups
- Experience with cloud billing and business models
- Knowledge of security, data privacy and compliance regulations
- Experience with Microsoft cloud data platform technologies
AZDAT #ENGGJOBS #PMJOBS
The ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.