Partner Development Manager
Location: Albany, New York, Arlington, Virginia, Ashburn, Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia, Baltimore, Maryland, Bethesda, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charleston, South Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, Danbury, Connecticut, Edison, New Jersey, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Freehold Township, New Jersey, Hartford, Connecticut, Manchester, New Hampshire, Miami, Florida, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Providence, Rhode Island, Richmond, Virginia, Salem, New Hampshire, South Portland, Maine, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia, Wilmington, Delaware, Woodbridge Township, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
There has never been a more exciting time to join Microsoft and to be part of the transition of becoming a leader in selling devices and services. Microsoft Surface brings together the best of Microsoft and offers us a tremendous opportunity to scale our reach through the commercial reseller channel. Today’s resellers are investing in Cloud services, online marketplaces, Partner Lifecycle Management as well as offering services at scale that enable the productivity solutions that commercial customers demand.
The Surface Partner Development Manager (PDM) role in Global Partner Sales (GPS) organization is at the forefront of bringing Surface and the Modern Work to the Channel. The PDM is a business development role responsible for managing a Surface partner and is accountable for the performance of this partner. The PDM is responsible for helping partners build comprehensive business plans to drive sales and deployment of the complete Surface portfolio. The PDM is accountable for revenue attainment and quota achievement for their partner as well as for achieving business goals. It is exciting time to join the team and work as one of the Surface PDMs to drive this fast pace, growing business.
Driving Revenue Growth:
- Responsible for achieving/exceeding all revenue attainment to quota and commitment-based accountabilities for the US
- Internal Selling: Evangelize partners’ solutions to the US sales teams, clearly articulating the partner’s value propositions to the Microsoft teams to foster proactive engagement with Field sellers
- Increase partner commitment to Microsoft through execution of integrated selling initiatives combining MS and partner resources to market, sell & deliver solutions
- Review pipeline and drive opportunity velocity as appropriate.
Rhythm of the Business:
- Build and execute a partner business plan focused on short- and long-term goals to impact Microsoft revenue
- Disciplined Business Management: Responsible for contributing to monthly and WW Business Reviews that provides a consistent and predictable Rhythm of the Business (ROB).
- Drive Quarterly Business Review and other ROBs to track progress against goals and commitments; Collaborate for revenue and scorecard impact through evangelizing partner value to Microsoft stakeholders & customers
- Ensure partner readiness by developing a plan to build partner marketing, sales, integration and support capabilities
Business Development & Partner Satisfaction:
- Lead and drive Microsoft partner resources across sales, technical & marketing development to execute joint selling goals to drive capability & capacity in the market
- Land business plans, delivering unique MS solutions to all US customers
- Integrate partners with Microsoft field resources across the segments to jointly account plan and close new business together.
- Measure and manage Partner’s success against metrics to maximize win-win results and strategic partner investments
- Partner Satisfaction: Ensure strong business relationship and understanding of partner’s needs identifying clear conditions, accountability, progress measurement and timelines
- Establish high partner satisfaction by earning a "trusted advisor" status with senior executives down to the field rep level, driving positive outcome against influencing partner business strategy & planning
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Operations, Computer Science or a related field AND 5+ years partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Partner or channel management OR consulting/advisory background
- 5 years of hardware commercial sales experience
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive and influence transformation
- Proven ability to work across marketing, technical and sales teams to move initiatives forward
- Strong solution partner passion and perspective
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter that will demonstrate initiative and who sees opportunities to improve and raises their hand to lead the charge to improve it
- Experience interfacing with the senior levels within Microsoft and our top partners and will be expected to drive very effective executive communication and management skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.