Senior Program Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Boise, Idaho, Boston, Massachusetts, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Houston, Texas, New York, New York, Newark, Delaware, Raleigh, North Carolina, Redmond, Washington, San Antonio, Texas, San Diego, California, Sunnyvale, California
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for a passionate, high-energy Senior Program Manager to help achieve that mission.
The Senior Program Manager will be a member of the org-wide data and tools team, reporting to the executive office of the VP, and requires someone who has a passion for developing deep data-driven insights and leveraging those insights to drive business impact. You will partner closely with a breadth of functionally diverse teams across CHIE, using your analytical, leadership, and communication skills to build and mature the data capabilities of our organization.
- Lead the construction, deployment, and support of internal data quality, business intelligence, and data science solutions from a variety of sources.
- Onboard new data streams, metrics, and reporting capabilities.
- Integrate with our engineering partners to work on v-next versions of data and reporting products.
- Drive business value and impact using and improving upon in-house data solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Statistics, Data Science, or relevant experience with program management of data solutions.
- 5+ years of experience as a program manager or leading technical teams.
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or related field.
- Outstanding problem solving and leadership skills.
- Flexibility and works well in a virtual team environment.
- Background experience in any of the following domains, languages, or environments:
- Kusto (Azure Data Explorer).
- Azure DevOps.
- Python / R.
- Machine learning.
- Regression (inference); causal modeling / experiment design.
- Deploying solutions in Azure or other cloud platforms.
- Visualization frameworks, such as Altair, Plotly, ggplot2, D3.
- Knowledge of server hardware, quality testing, or manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical models.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience implementing and maintaining team collaboration in work tracking systems (Azure DevOps, TFS, JIRA, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.