Senior Product Manager
Location: Aliso Viejo, California
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be and take their careers to levels they cannot achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and the sky is the limit thinking a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft’s Intelligence Platform engineering team is leading the transformation of analytics in the world of data with products like Power BI, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Explorer. We will bring the world’s data to the Microsoft Cloud, power a new class of data first applications, and empower everyone on the planet to make better decisions with data.
We do not just value differences or different perspectives. We seek them out and invite them in so we can tap into the collective power of everyone in the company. As a result, our ideas are better, our products are better, and our customers are better served.
Analytics. We provide a range of products that enable data engineers and data scientists to extract intelligence from all data – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured. We are in the process of integrating our disparate products into Azure Synapse Analytics with a set of experiences that are meant to simplify and accelerate time to value.
Securing customer data and solutions is critical to the success of our product, platform, and Microsoft. We are looking for a passionate security champion who can drive “Defense in Depth” across the product. You can synthesize complex requirements, communicate them clearly to key stakeholders and drive feature definition and development. Success is measured by delivering an accessible, E2E secure solution that enterprise customers can trust and want to build their products within.
We are looking for a passionate security Champion to drive a “Defense in Depth” strategy within the SQL product and across the Intelligence platform. You will partner with stakeholders across the platform to deliver features that protect customer data and solutions.
- Drive a “Defense in Depth” strategy for the product.
- Engage partners across the platform to deliver secure E2E (end to end) solutions.
- Define the product roadmap, through customer engagement, competitive research, and qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Partner with engineering teams to understand the technical trade-offs to help inform feature definition.
- Work with customers, support and engineering teams to root cause and resolve critical customer issues
- Prepare and present demos and product overviews for customers and sales teams.
- 4+ years of product management, product development or deep product expertise in analytics, data warehousing or the SQL space
- Security feature expertise (i.e., SQL user and access management, private endpoints, VNETs (Virtual Networks))
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or IT technical discipline.
- Previous product ownership, knowledge, and background in at least one of the following: Databases, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Big Data, and/or Data Lake.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills that require influencing peers and leaders to embrace best practices and align to engineering goals
- Established strong technical aptitude, creativity, communication, and collaboration skills
- Growth mindset with a desire to continually learn and apply new skills
Cloud Screening (required for all C+AI Job Descriptions)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
EOE Statement (this automatically populates in system)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or as reasonable.