Senior Technical Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The group is responsible for designing, building, and operating Microsoft’s global datacenters; managing the programmatic delivery of our critical infrastructure design, equipment procurement, construction delivery, infrastructure innovation, demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all operations needed to run the physical infrastructure. We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data-driven engineering, cost‐effectiveness, and environmental sustainability. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's 200+ online businesses including Azure, Office 365, Bing, Xbox Live, Skype, and OneDrive. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
The CO+I Critical Environment Hardware and Solutions Engineering (CEHSE) team is responsible for designing and delivering solutions to support worldwide datacenter operations. To accomplish this the team must utilize data from every aspect of our business.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to help meet that demand. This person should be intellectually curious, relentless, and looking for insights in data that can turn into actionable and measurable outcomes. Strong analytical skills, using data to design processes that scale, effective collaboration across internal and external users, and the drive to continuously improve and achieve business objectives will be critical to success in this role.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Effectively and regularly track, manage and communicate CO+I related program status, risks, dependencies, schedules and milestones to leadership teams
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability
- Leading and partnering with our internal teams to create OKRs, KPIs and programs so we can turn into measurable outcomes
- Creating framework and partnering with our data engineer team to design data visualization utilizing tools like Power BI and partner with business to create, prepare and distribute accurate reports to business units as needed/requested
- Drive the design and implementation process for products and services that directly meet the needs of CEHSE engineers in support of Microsoft’s data centers worldwide
- Conduct and document risk assessments, drive tradeoffs and document decisions within and across teams
- Drives accountability for decisions and deliverables with partner teams throughout CEHSE
- Define and manage SLA for various projects in azure dev ops (ADO)
- Drive operational excellence, support strategy and planning across the organization
- Manage and build out reporting/tooling for our engineers to be able to track projects, capex, headcount etc.
- Develop business process requirements documentation (flowcharts, process diagrams etc.)
- Use cloud information technology expertise to plan, manage and execute end-to-end project plans including the creation of specifications/requirements for feature enhancements that enable scalable operational efficiencies.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, openly communicate, present, and negotiate effectively across groups of various levels and disciplines, such as senior company leaders, engineers, suppliers, partners, technicians, customers, etc.
- Work independently in a dynamic and high-pressure environment and deliver results despite ambiguous and changing business requirements.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree AND 4+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- Experience with reporting and data analysis systems & platforms (e.g., Power BI, SAP, etc.).
- Proactiveness and a strong positive outlook and approach to change management
- Program/Project Management experience with the ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines, with ability to manage complexity while driving clarity
- Ability to drive effective stakeholder collaboration for the ideation, development, and production strategy of features and capabilities in your area
- Ability to interact with diverse groups across all organizational levels.
- Ability to implement new processes and secure buy-in from a cross functional team.
- Experience with developing and implementing organizational frameworks, standards, and processes.
- Demonstrated experience, success, and/or contributions in delivering cross functional programs, including accountability, and driving results both as an individual and within a team.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.