Software Engineer II
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing app in Microsoft history and core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communication and collaboration. We have become THE hub for teamwork in Microsoft 365 for millions of organizations and 270M+ monthly active users across the globe. Our culture is inclusive, casual, and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and are grounded in our customers’ needs.
As a full stack software engineer in the Teams and Channels area of the product, you will work on creating true boundaryless collaboration spaces at scale and integrate with other products and services at Microsoft to help our customers be most productive. Our core challenges include covering a diverse set of user needs and delivering high reliability while operating world-wide at enormous scale. If you want to work on full stack technologies in a startup-like environment with the desire to move fast, this is a fantastic opportunity to build experiences and services that millions of people worldwide will use at home, at school, at work, and across their lives.
- Define well thought out design patterns and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, maintainability, and performance.
- Contribute to the planning, execution, and delivery of your commitments.
- Influence and promote a quality mindset in our team: leave things better than you found them.
- Communicate effectively and partner with team members of the project to deliver high quality solutions from envisioning to deployment to live site availability.
- 3+ years of experience in software development building cloud services and/or web applications. You should either be proficient in both, or proficient in one and motivated to learn the other.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Distributed systems and cloud services development experience with C#, Java or C++ paired with Azure, AWS or any other cloud platform.
- Exceptional problem solving & debugging skills with ability to learn new tools and technologies.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.