Sales Strategy Architect, Cross Solutions
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
The Cross Solution Area organization’s Charter is to accelerate Microsoft’s ability to capture TAM and create incremental growth opportunities by establishing the GTM strategy that enables the combined power of Solution Areas (Modern Work, Azure, Digital & App Innovation, Data and AI, Business Applications) to deliver solutions that empower customers across all industries through the unique value of the Microsoft Cloud. It will achieve its objectives by:
1. Re-imagining how we align GTM levers (Field, Finance, Engineering, Business planning, Marketing, Partners) to capture new growth through X-Solution area scenarios
2. Transforming field sales model to further align to customers buying patterns, targeting key personas to capture untapped budgets and accelerate growth
3. Partnering with customers to engage in value co-creation through solutions delivered by the Microsoft cloud and establish the winning formula for execution at scale
4. Establishing the blueprint for x-solution offerings through technical experimentation and customer validation
5. Acting as the Center of excellence for CSAs, driving cross-pollination, best practice sharing and consistency to drive excellence in execution
In the XSA team, we are passionate about this mission, and we are looking for a Sales Strategy Business Architect (BA) to join our team with the objective to enable our field to best serve our customers and Microsoft’s growth ambitions. As a Sales Strategy BA, you will be at the nexus of sales, engineering, marketing, and business planning to drive our global strategy for new ways of reaching and serving customers.
The ideal candidate will be structured, analytical, entrepreneurial, curious, & excited to apply their passion to defining the right field model to accelerate our ability to deliver Microsoft cloud solutions that spans our solution areas. This BA will innovate in how we work with and serve customers and will be a visible advocate for the field and will be counted on to represent its voice and customers across our corporate functions. We welcome your application!
- Define and develop the GTM strategy for XSA opportunities:
- Blueprint and capacity
- Sales model design, role orchestration and sales motions
- Incentives and compensation
- Engage and influence corporate and field stakeholders to drive alignment around the plan and align across GTM levers inclusive of:
- Business model
- Marketing strategy and collateral
- Product roadmap
- Partner strategy
- Innovate and design new sales motions and strategies to reach new and existing customers.
- Represent business and technical needs/feedback in key leadership forums with engineering and business leaders.
- Ensure the right metrics and KPIs are in place to achieve the right outcomes for our customers, to measure progress over time and to implement course corrections as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, or a related field OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in Near Term Strategy (1-2 years out), Management Consulting, or Finance.
- 5+ years of experience across strategy, sales, and Go-To-Market roles
- The passion and expertise to analyze and decompose complex systems to design and refine towards a desired outcome.
- Strong domain knowledge / expertise in one or more solution area (Modern Work, Azure, Digital & App Innovation, Data & AI, Business Applications) or consulting
- Proven ability to understand strategic implications of change, train cross-functional teams, and provide leadership to overcome barriers and achieve results through individual and broader team efforts.
The pay range for the state of Colorado is $120,100 - 180,100
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.