Principal Product Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
M365 is one of the largest enterprise services at Microsoft (and the world!). Security and customer trust are key to the success of our business and its continued growth. As our services grow in user base and product complexity, it is important for us to anticipate potential threats to our services as well as our customer’s data. Our team is committed to driving product improvements to mitigate those threats and keep the attackers at bay.
Does building cutting edge technology to neutralize the ever-evolving risk to services excite you? Would you enjoy crafting strategic investments and meeting challenging goals around protecting M365 services? Then, we should talk. The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) and Microsoft365 Security team is looking for a Principal Product Manager to drive our Identity and Access Management (IAM) efforts. In this highly visible role, you will combine engineering depth with deep security background to stay ahead of the attackers as well as the risks from rapidly growing services. You will be collaborating across Microsoft organizations on defining the North star IAM solution for protecting Microsoft production services.
As a Principal Product Manager on the team you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Identity and Access Management solution for M365 services.
- Provide thought leadership/vision and create a prioritized roadmap of product work needed to support the multitude of Microsoft365 services.
- Work with our penetration testing team and business leaders to ensure that learnings from pen testing efforts are prioritized and remediated
- Collaborate closely with M365 Security Team, other security teams across Microsoft, as well as service teams to roll out the latest security policies with the right level of automation and enforcement.
- Define key success metrics and craft data-focused tracking of solution health and adoption.
- Report on project status in various CVP reviews, partner briefings, & security conferences
- Passion for working on technical challenges and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Proven ability to influence and drive strategy across a large organization
- Proven ability to set vision, deliver and communicate solutions to complex technical problems
- A sense of pride and personal accountability for end-to-end quality, craftsmanship & completeness
- Experience working across organizations/divisions, and bringing people together to achieve the goal
- 7+ years of experience shipping large scale software
- Experience in IAM and secrets management space is a huge plus.
- 10+ years of experience shipping large scale software desired.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.