Workers Comp Sr Claims Rep (Remote Workers
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Investigates and maintains claims:
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and/or liability.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, reports, or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, depositions or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Conveys moderately complex information (coverage, decisions, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- May provide guidance and assistance to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have Workers Comp Experience handling MO TX KS MI AK midwest Claims
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of related experience.
This job is non-exempt in California
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation