Claims processing tech (hybrid)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Learns to perform claims processing and payment functions on basic claims for one or more lines. Performs claims support functions:
- Composes, prepares, reviews, and responds to correspondence.
- Answers and responds to inquiries and gathers information.
- May perform mail/file functions. Utilizes the company system(s) to identify the appropriate recipient of correspondence within or outside of the company. Sorts and distributes mail. Maintains/purges documents according to record retention guidelines and distributes files/file systems.
- Performs general processing, may include updating manuals.
- May assist with claims numbers, claims setup and entry, electronic imaging or indexing, statistical coverage verification, preparation/entry of claims transactions, preparation/processing recovery, and processing drafts and forms.
- May perform systems functions, including determining errors/corrections on claims system(s) and/or policies.
- Provides support to Claims department, developing specialized skills and knowledge related to processing.
- May enter information into company system(s).
- Prepares, orders, and maintains records, reports, registers and schedules.
- Updates claims files and maintains, corrects, and/or updates data using office technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hybrid work - work from home 3 days in office 2 days
Hours Monday-Friday 10am-7pm E
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1 to 3 years of related experience.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits.