Senior Facilities Maintenance Technician
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintain, repair and track building systems i.e. electrical, fire safety, plumbing, HVAC.
- Coordinates with outside vendors for supplies, maintenance, repairs and inspections.
- Provide guidance and assistance to lower level positions.
- Builds relationships and trust with team, while influencing and guiding.
- Order building supplies and mechanical parts as needed to maintain a smooth operation.
- Ensure that inspection requirements are met for equipment and systems within the building i..e. AED, Life Safety, Elevators.
- Performs maintenance services and repairs to company owned and leased facilities.
- Ensures work meets customer specifications.
- Ensures work complies with codes.
- Assists in stocking and/or pulling supplies.
- Assists in locating and acquiring specific parts from distributors or vendors.
- Coordinates the work of outside contractors. Ensures company standards and expectations are met. Resolves and reports any deviations.
- Responds to, completes and closes out work orders in the tracking system(s).
- Performs regular maintenance checks of safety systems to ensure all units function properly. Initiates the proper procedures to repair or replace malfunctioning equipment.
- Participates in preparing reports on the status of projects and/or building systems.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory safety programs.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of current trends, procedures, and safety practices. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of business units and the organization.
- Assist the Sr. Facilities Manager as required.
- May provide janitorial support, including placing wet floor signs, laying down floor mats, etc.
- May provide grounds maintenance support, including removal of snow/ice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of related experience with building mechanical systems (Boiler, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, etc.). Progress toward industry based certification preferred.
- Additional Job Description
Scope of Job: Performs work under general supervision. Familiar with concepts, practices and procedures. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of business systems and procedures used to perform the functions of the job. Relies on experience to accomplish goals.
- Essential job functions must be performed onsite.
- Requires continuous and prolonged walking and standing.
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of objects up to 50 lbs.
- Requires frequent climbing, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling and crawling.
- Requires overhead reaching and grabbing.
- Requires regular and predictable attendance.
- Requires ability to conduct visual inspections.
- Requires work outdoors, in inclement weather conditions.
- May require ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.