Workers Comp Claims Specialist CA (Remote Workers)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Job Type: Full time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group's member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty and property and casualty operations, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
At Great American, we value diversity and recognize the benefits gained when people from different cultures, backgrounds and experiences work collaboratively to achieve business results. We are intentionally focused on fostering an inclusive culture and know valuing diversity is an essential leadership quality. Our goal is to create a workplace where all employees feel included, empowered and enabled to perform at their best.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Investigates and maintains claims:
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and/or liability.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records, or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and attends arbitrations, mediations, depositions or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Conveys complex information (coverage, decisions, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Provides technical advice to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 6 to 10 years of related experience.
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits.