Billing Representative I (Hybrid)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of routine and non-routine clerical/accounting functions, in accordance with procedures. May provide support in one or more areas (i.e., general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, direct bill, etc.).
- Accounts Receivable:
- Processes and verifies cash receipts, cash application, claims, and/or overdue invoices.
- May download/retrieve payment information from bank records.
- May be responsible for updating and/or keeping records (i.e., customer accounts (balances, delinquent accounts, etc.), incomplete files, credit risks, ACH information, etc.).
- May send follow up inquiries on delinquent accounts.
- Accounts Payable:
- Responsible for compiling amounts owed, verifying invoices, preparing vouchers, issuing checks for payment, and recording transactions.
- Direct Bill:
- Provides billing information, account reconciliation, and billing problem resolution to internal and external customers involving multiple lines of insurance. May require extensive inbound phone support.
- Utilizes working knowledge of multiple billing and/or policy applications and processing procedures to effectively service customer inquiries of a moderately complex nature.
- May follow-up on moderately complex delinquent accounts including communication with collection agencies and other entities.
- May reconcile payments/receipts with account information.
- May gather data to compile reports and/or create ad hoc reports.
- Complies with appropriate regulations and/or company policies/guidelines.
- Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. College level coursework in Accounting preferred.
Experience: 1 to 3 years of related experience. Previous experience in the insurance industry preferred.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.