Claims Supervisor Bodily Injury (Remote or Hybrid)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the day-to-day activities of employees:
- Supervises employees and provides file guidance. Assigns and checks work.
- Investigates and maintains claims:
- Reviews and determines coverage and/or liability.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, reports, or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works towards the resolution of claims files, and attends arbitrations, mediations, depositions, or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statues, regulations, and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Advises reporting staff on claim files and extends settlement authority as necessary after reviewing files.
- May establish reserves and make recommendations or reports for Corporate Claims or senior management.
- Responsible for performance and coaching of staff and has a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selections, development, and performance management. Provides training to new members of the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of related experience, 0 to 2 years of leadership experience.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.