Associate Predictive Analyst - Graduate Development Program
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists in the analysis of internal and external data to assess trends and participates in developing actionable insights and recommendations to management by understanding the business model and the information available for analysis.
- Uses data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, and fact-based management to assist with decision making.
- Develops knowledge of business information data sources used to gain new insights and understanding of business performance based on data and statistical methods.
- Develops business knowledge and customer relationships.
- May estimate the economic impact of operational decisions.
- Assists in applying quantitative skills to solve business issues and prepares communications of results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
National Interstate and Vanliner’s Graduate Development Program, Ignition
During the program you will:
- Participate in instructor led, self-paced and on-the-job training, gaining a true understanding of what it is National Interstate does and how your role fits in the big picture
- Become immersed in our company culture by learning our business model and value proposition
- Gain exposure to other areas of the business outside of your discipline through interactive presentations from industry experts
- Sharpen professional skills through weekly personal development trainings
- Develop your professional network with senior leaders and fellow participants through weekly teambuilding and social activities
The program is taking place in June 2024. The role will be expected to work in the Richfield, Ohio office
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline.
Experience: Generally, 0 to 3 years of related experience that includes use of the following, preferably in a business setting:
- R or Python
- Git or other version control system
- Machine Learning and statistical methods
This job is non-exempt in California and Washington
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.