Product Manager, Property & Casualty
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a 4x Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2020. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
NFP Connect is the supporting platform for our digital transformation strategy. This platform, which aggregates capabilities and data from a variety of sources, delivers a unified user experience for advisers, employers and employees/individuals to access all tools and resources needed to consult on and/or manage insurance programs.
As the Product Manager for the Property & Casualty capabilities on NFP Connect, you will work in coordination with the business-line leadership, distribution and cross-functional product and marketing teams, to define the vision and drive the roadmap of the NFP Connect platform with the end goal being to accelerate value delivery to our business partners, advisers and clients. Efforts are broad in scope and require creativity and strategic thinking, as well as strong product management and leadership skills. The successful candidate must be energetic and enthusiastic about innovation, and also have experience with employee benefits. They will be self-motivated, results oriented and able to independently lead major strategic initiatives. Strong client-focus is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify use cases to drive new features and functionality, collaborating with cross-enterprise teams to ensure successful launch, user adoption, and realization of client and business value.
- Translate the product vision into specific work tasks and ensure stringency in execution and attention to detail by effectively managing the product feature backlog.
- Collaborate to create well-documented, repeatable processes around product development and application enablement.
- Recognize and prioritize risks and create reasonable mitigation plans.
- Work cross-functionally and horizontally with technical, design, business, operations, and compliance counterparts to define product release requirements and issue management.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Curiosity, a can-do attitude and the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and ability to track multiple project deliverables with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make decisions and progress in the face of ambiguous and at times overlapping priorities (i.e., Managing to fixed scope and date scenarios).
- Highly developed communication and presentations skills with a superior ability to effectively communicate and present complex concepts and issues to leadership teams in a highly compelling, persuasive, fact-based manner.
- Highly skilled at working cross functionally with technology, service, marketing and product teams to create, implement and evolve our reporting solutions offering tangible, measurable client results.
- High level understanding of software development experience is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in property and casualty.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a product owner/manager or project manager preferred.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
NFP and You… Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.