Associate Consultant - Employee Benefits (Hybrid)
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
Alterity is a leading consulting firm that offers advisory services designed to meet the unique needs of private equity firms, employer groups, HR outsourcing organizations (PEO and ASO), and brokers. We help clients navigate the constantly evolving landscape of employee benefits and insurance. Alterity Group is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NFP Corp.
This is a full-time position that requires the associate consultant to regularly collaborate with and provide support for clients and team members to meet clients’ and organizational needs. This team member will be responsible for a wide spectrum of duties including, but not limited to, drafting and review of ongoing client deliverables, account management, creation of communication materials, issue resolution and general project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the drafting and managing Request for Proposals (RFP) and renewals, including obtaining critical data. Reformats data into client friendly design, reviews RFPs for accuracy, and manages deadlines.
- Reviews benefit plan summaries, carrier source documents, and enrollment sites for accuracy, including testing rate functionality.
- May maintain renewal book information inclusive of, but not limited to: renewal dates, rates, carrier, and commissions.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with clients, carriers, vendors, and co-workers. Communicates directly with them and relies on a growing knowledge of the details of various insurance coverages.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on benefits and vendor/carrier products, services, and capabilities. Gets assistance on complex situations or products from more senior team members.
- Drafts communication pieces and ensures communications are up to date following coverage changes.
- May assist with overseeing client projects such as implementation of new business and open enrollment.
- Works with clients and carriers to ensure timely claim payment including following up and obtaining outstanding data required for claim processing.
- Conducts billing and/or enrollment audits as necessary.
- Maintains client, broker, and vendor commission data and inputs information into Salesforce as needed.
- Monitors and manages multiple client inboxes, acknowledging all communications within 24 hours and providing regular updates.
- Monitors call center, returning all calls within 24 hours; engaging senior team members when necessary.
- Assist with formatting enrollment data into carrier manual EDI file layout as needed for processing.
- Participate in client calls/meetings, including taking notes and ensuring follow-up, as needed.
- Additional duties, as assigned
Skills and/or Abilities Expectations:
- Strong technical and business acumen with ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong writing skills with ability to correspond and present in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with colleagues of all levels.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects at once and to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Detail oriented with ability to self-review own work and that of others for accuracy.
- Service-oriented mentality with ability to uphold firm’s reputation for responsiveness.
- Ability to use feedback to develop skill sets.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to travel
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year College or University Degree
- Up to 2 years of work or industry experience preferred but not required
- Voluntary Benefits experience preferred but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health License required; must be obtained within 90 days of employment
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $70,000 – $85,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.