Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2021. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP:
The Staff Accountant, Atlantic Region position will play a significant role in all financial matters within the region. Functions performed by this position include but are not limited to assisting with the monthly financial close, financial statement preparation, account reconciliations, journal entries, commission processing, accounts payable, acquisition integration, and other activities as requested by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with financial statement preparation, including variance analysis.
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Cash management and processing.
- Monthly and quarterly billing.
- Analyze Accounts Receivable / Aging.
- Assist with integration of firms acquired by NFP (General Ledger, A/P, billing).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years finance and accounting experience required.
- Insurance agency/brokerage experience with business services, professional services, or consulting type firms preferred.
- Experience preparing account reconciliations and journal entries, as part of a monthly close process.
Knowledge, Skills and/ or Abilities:
- Solid understanding of how to prepare and support account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Solid spreadsheet knowledge; pivot tables, lookups, and other spreadsheet functionality.
- Ability to complete effectively all monthly close activities, given a tight deadline.
- Must be a well-organized, self-starter with a “best practices” and process improvement driven mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to learn the business and have a business and customer service focus.
- Ability to collaborate and develop relationships with coworkers.
- Must possess personal and business integrity with an energetic style demonstrated by a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.