SVP, Sales & Marketing
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Senior Vice President has regional and/or national responsibility for growing organic Rx revenue with highly complex NFP and Non-NFP clients. This position manages all sales results, maintains strong relationships with key client stakeholders, PBMs and Carriers and is responsible for policy compliance and human resources functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as subject matter expert for all Rx/PBM related products and services.
- Maintains and grows relationships with clients, pharmacy benefits managers, carriers and other vendors.
- Serves as a producer to generate and close new business production (in addition to assisting with cross-sell opportunities with NFP and its affiliates).
- Leads sales activities with more complex clients and prospects.
- Uses consultative approach to initiate, qualify and develop new business relationships; creates and maintains own list of prospects.
- Leads the sales teams responsible for new Rx sales, and provides all necessary training, resources, tools to ensure each sales person achieves his/her sales objective.
- Develops and initiates plans to increase sales, lower costs and continuously improve operations.
- Meets key metrics including but not limited to revenue, number of new lives, number of prospects in pipeline, meetings per months and closed sales.
- Identifies, evaluates, and selects the promotional/sponsorship opportunities that provide the most cost-effective return on investment.
- Ensures the Sales & Marketing T&E Budget is spent wisely and stays under budget.
- Works closely with Account Management Teams to retain the existing book of business.
- Integrates acquisitions and corporate consolidations
- Confers with senior sales leaders on setting targets and reports actual results. Reviews sales results with members of sales team, strategizing changes and troubleshooting problems.
- Works closely with Marketing to develop, implement, and monitor all internal and external marketing campaigns, including Social Media, in order to generate awareness, interest, and trial of Rx Solutions.
- Influences policies and monitors sales teams within office to ensure compliance.
- Assist in new hire selections and internal promotions that impact sales team.
- Serves as mentor to junior sales team members; may be responsible to directly manage group of junior sales advisors.
- Work our of Rx Solutions Office 3-4 days per week until further notice.
- Travel up to 50% of time to meet with Clients/Prospects, NFP offices, and attend Conferences, and other meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of Rx benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services, and current events
- Take proactive initiative to identify problems/opportunities and develop strategic plans to successfully address the same
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred; Master's degree in relevant subject (e.g., business, statistics, math/science, actuarial science) also desirable
- More than 15 years of directly related industry sales experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Insurance Broker's license desirable (e.g. Health, P&C, Life Insurance)
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You… Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.