Account Manager/Sr. Coordinator- Personal Insurance (Hybrid/remote)
Location: Pequannock Township, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
P&C Private Client Group (PCG) is a division of NFP Property & Casualty. We are a retail operation for affluent and wealthy individuals and families seeking personal lines products in the United States, parts of Europe, and Canada. Our headquarters are in New York City with offices across the country - specializing in insurance ranging from homeowners and auto to specialty lines, such as aircraft and watercraft.
The Account Manager (Sr. Coord. level will be considered) is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in the day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. You will work with senior team members to manage the renewal and marketing process and prepare materials for presentations and communications. While in this role, you will begin to learn to manage or manage a book of business under senior team members' direction. Develop relationships with clients and carrier contacts and work proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. In this role, the Account Manager is learning to manage the clients from start to finish but requires a great deal of supervision and direction from more senior team members.
This is a full-time, hybrid position working from our Bethesda, MD office. We will consider well-experienced candidates for a remote option. Title and salary commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships; attends meetings and may contribute to meetings when appropriate.
- Work with senior team members to prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in.
- Participate in reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy under the direction of the Account Executive or Advisor.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Assists with billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer-focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent) and BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C licensed or ability to obtain licensing if required
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.