Account Manager, Commercial Lines Insurance- International Accounts
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
The International Account Manager II is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires day to day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The International Account Manager II will manage the international renewal and marketing process, and prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with their more senior team members and with their domestic counterparts. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. In addition to managing their own clients, may also continue to support the Account Management Team as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts; may take active role in meetings
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in. First draft of renewal presentation.
- Takes the lead on reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive. Begins to communicate directly with clients and carriers, with approval from the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- First line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
- Understanding of international insurance rules and regulations – or the ability to transition into international responsibilities.
- Support clients’ international placements, including those through the Worldwide Broker Network
- Support building out the international desk including coordination with Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Puerto Rico and beyond.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License required.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.