(Hybrid) Employee Benefits Account Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
The Account Manager will act as the primary point of contact for clients with corporate-sponsored executive benefit plans and related insurance products. The role assists the client with understanding issues, priorities and deliverables, troubleshooting and solving benefit plan related problems. In responding to requests from the client, it is the Account Manager's responsibility to ensure that the appropriate internal teams are involved in the planning and solution. This position will offer exceptional service for large multi-national corporations and their executive participants and strive to create efficiencies for the client contacts.
Additional support provided to Managing Directors and Directors in areas including marketing, prospect outreach, plan design proposals, periodic communications, specific client follow-up, meeting coordination, meeting preparation, and meeting documentation, and contact management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage client relationships from initial purchase through termination of plan
- Develop and set reasonable expectations for this highly focused, sometimes demanding and results-oriented client
- Collaborate with client team to negotiate priorities and deliverables
- Clearly communicate service commitments to client
- Help identify ways to improve efficiency and service
- Ensure positive client experience
- Ensure documented procedures and contact information are accurate and up to date
- Accurately prepare and deliver client reporting within accepted timeframe
- Prepare additional ad hoc reporting as required by client
- Work with other Plan Managers, assisting when necessary
- Assist client with all aspects of their plan… including premiums, contributions, cash values, allocations, illustrations
- Process appropriate application, forms and death claims with carrier
- Process new account registration and internal client documentation
- Maintain accurate client record both electronically and hard copy where required
- Work with carriers to correct reporting errors
- Assist in preparation and proofing of other team member reports
- Assist in preparation of presentation and proofing of presentations
- Assist with RFP responses
- Travel, as required
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some background in large company benefit programs and an understanding of life, group, and disability insurance is necessary.
This position requires extraordinary client communication skills and particular attention to details, coupled with excellent analytical, spreadsheet and computer acumen. The ability to adapt to the expectations of multiple contacts is also key.
Education and/or Experience
- Business Degree
- Client service experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Building and maintaining successful relationships
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively one on one and before small groups of employees within the organization. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Must possess strong organizational skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following products:
- High proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Database expertise (including ability to build reports and tables)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Life Insurance license and FINRA registration preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workload, maintain attention to detail and total quality of work product is essential. Initiative, a positive “can-do” attitude, willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done and an energetic team spirit is important for success.
Must possess negotiation skills to effectively deal with internal customers. Must take ownership of assigned responsibilities; identify and report problems to management. Taking initiative is key characteristic for success.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employee