Sr Coordinator, Corporate Benefits
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2021 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
About the Position:
We're looking for a Senior Coordinator to join our team who'll be responsible for assisting the account teams with basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. While in this role, the Senior Coordinator is beginning to have client contact, via more senior team members. They may join meetings and client calls but will be responsible for listening, taking notes and providing follow up to the team. In this role, the Senior Coordinator will begin to learn the functions of the Account Manager, most specifically begin to get exposure to the RFP process and continue to expand upon their industry knowledge through special projects as directed by senior team members.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gains exposure to clients and carrier contacts; attends meetings and calls, does not take active role.
- Assist Account Manager in preparing insurance company proposal requests and spreadsheeting results, benefits and rates.
- Reviews client documents and summary of benefits and coverage for accuracy under the direction of more senior team members.
- Creates and maintain client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Answers administrative questions from clients and/or insurance company personnel such as ID card request, claims or billing questions.
- May have direct contact with vendors or clients for clerical and administrative assistance.
- May have direct contact with clients for open enrollments administration, as a support to the Account Manager.
- Assist Account Manager in preparing insurance company proposal requests and spreadsheeting proposals.
- Assist Account Teams in their preparation for client meetings by reviewing presentations for grammar, verification of rates and benefits and ensuring formatting is appropriate.
- Coordinate client mailings, communications or packets related to Open Enrollment, as directed by the Account Manager.
- Complete and process group applications and Broker of Record letters, as directed by the Account Manager.
- Create and maintain client calendar, remind more senior team members of important dates to ensure completion of pending items and future deliverables.
- Assists in research of questions regarding benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Enrollment fulfillment during renewal and new business onboarding process.
- Assist Account Managers in the gathering of form 5500 information, maintain 5500 calendar and tracker, reach out to carriers when needed.
- Assists Account Managers with client projects such as implementation of new business, open enrollment process, non-discrimination testing, etc.
- Assists with problem resolution on claims, billing and eligibility issues with carriers.
- Create and maintain files and client data; maintain client data Salesforce, as directed by Account Manager.
- Maintain library of life and benefits magazine publications, insurance company newsletters, legislative updates, and reference materials.
- Attend seminars and classes related to the department and to maintain L&H License.
- Participate in training regarding carrier products and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services.
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs.
- Effective time management and decision-making skills.
- Diligent follow up skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or equivalent.
- More than 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Obtain Texas Life & Health License within 90 days.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.