Account Manager- Personal Lines Insurance (Hybrid -VT)
Location: Waitsfield, Vermont
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting the team in the day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communication. The Account Manager will work with senior team members to manage the renewal and marketing process and prepare materials for presentations and communications. While in this role, this person will begin to learn to manage a book of business under the direction of the senior team members. Begin to develop relationships with clients and carrier contacts and work proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. In this role, the Account Manager is learning to manage the clients from start to finish but requires a great deal of supervision and direction from more senior team members.
We offer the flexibility to work a hybrid work schedule from either the St. Johnsbury or Littletown, VT offices a few days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Begins to develop relationships; attend meetings and may contribute.
- Work with senior team members to prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in.
- Begin to participate in reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy under the direction of the Account Executive or Advisor.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Assists on some billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer-focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent) and BA/BS preferred
- More than 2 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C licensed or ability to obtain licensing when required
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.