Senior Coordinator, Corporate Benefits
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2021 and we're looking for a Senior Coordinator to join our team who'll be responsible for providing direct support to the Account Manager. This individual is required to be a highly efficient and organized person with strong ability to multi-task. Must also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work with others while independently managing and prioritizing the workloads.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Account Manager with overall client servicing needs.
- Compiles data collection for RFP process such as census, FormFire, MHQ (medical health questionnaires), experience, contract and bargaining agreements.
- Creates RFP and/or public bids and submits to carriers. Monitors progress to secure quotes on a timely basis.
- Assists with spread sheeting carrier quotes and preparing preliminary recommendation presentations to clients.
- Proofread memos, RFP’s, client recommendations and communications.
- Facilitates post enrollment information to carriers. Includes census information, master contracts, SBC delivery, enrollment checklists, participates in carrier installations, plan implementations and conference calls.
- Creates and/or updates Employee Communications – i.e. BAN (Benefit Alert Newsletters).
- Assists Account Manager with Power Point Presentation for Employee Meetings or Client Presentation.
- Facilitates ORC information for governmental entities.
- Assists Account Manager or Account Executive with data collection for client commissions, saves in Data Base.
- Overall maintenance of internal data base. Updates data base with benefit plans, rate information, contact changes and claim issues on a timely basis. .
- Provides customer service to both Human Resource Personnel and Employees of the client to answer benefit questions, billing and service issues. Updates service issues in data base.
- Facilitates monthly billing for Regionalization and enrollments for clients.
- Facilitates Schedule A or C from carriers for 5500 filings for Non-ERISA clients.
- Maintains compliance knowledge in federal and state laws (e.g. ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, FSA, HSA, HRA, Sec 125 and PPACA).
- Attends client functions, such as Health Fairs and key client meetings.
- Facilitates AOR and BAA Agreements when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Arithmetic Ability: add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and calculate percentages.
- Understanding of frequently used insurance terminology.
- Knowledge of Internet and ability to research and retrieve information.
- Ability to interact well with internal and external customers.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks with an attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while still meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in regard to work performed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- 2+ years of Employee Benefits or related experience, or any combination of education, experience and training that provides knowledge and abilities to perform the job.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident & Health License, per state requirements.
Who We Are:
We’re a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2021 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.